1 2
Peabody
Peabody UltimaDork
2/10/21 11:14 a.m.
volvoclearinghouse said:

For all those worried about peeing in the race car....I've done 2 hour stints at LeMons races, and my mantra is, hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.  . 

And always Bacon.

My favourite race of the season is a 6hr long Hare scramble. It starts at 10AM and I normally get up about 8. I eat and drink almost constantly from the time I get up to the start of the race, but never bacon because it makes me thirsty.

I stop once at roughly the 3hr mark to fill the bike up and drink as much water as possible during that process and I've never once stopped to pee.

Driven5
Driven5 UltraDork
2/11/21 10:38 a.m.
j_tso said:

It must really be awful if a driver pees in his suit and it's a shared car.

As a parent, I'd be far less concerned about pee than puke or poo... Especially of the sudden-onset variety. While neither comfortable nor enjoyable, pee is sterile, cleans out easily, and when well hydrated is mostly colorless and odorless.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/11/21 11:50 a.m.
Colin Wood said:

I applaud many of you for your disciplined diets.

I'm over here patting myself on the back when I order the small fry instead of the large.

Dude, it makes more sense from a financial standpoint to order the large and save the rest for later.

Then eat it all anyway because reheated or cold fries suck.

Tyler H (Forum Supporter)
Tyler H (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/11/21 5:44 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
Colin Wood said:

I applaud many of you for your disciplined diets.

I'm over here patting myself on the back when I order the small fry instead of the large.

Dude, it makes more sense from a financial standpoint to order the large and save the rest for later.

Then eat it all anyway because reheated or cold fries suck.

I apply the same logic to 750mL bottles.  Always go for the 1.25L

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/14/21 12:36 p.m.

I'm impressed by this paddler's username. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/30/21 2:23 p.m.

Wow, they aren't even trying anymore.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UltimaDork
7/30/21 3:02 p.m.

As I've only competed in autocross and drag racing, I haven't paid this too much attention. But one interesting bit of trivia is that pilots for both the SR-71 Blackbird and the Me-163 Komet were only allowed to eat steak and eggs before flying. The goal with that diet was that it would reduce the odds of crapping your pants.

M2Pilot
M2Pilot Dork
7/30/21 5:31 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

Randy Pobst explains hydrating and using the bathroom.  Pretty funny stuff.  

One of my friends went to UTI Nascar Tech School in Moorsville. One of the instructors told his students that a very famous NASCAR driver, who will remain un-named, usually peed or worse in the car. After a race he'd leave his gloves on the seat if he hadn't defiled it, otherwise he left them on the steering wheel.

L5wolvesf
L5wolvesf HalfDork
7/30/21 6:00 p.m.
Driven5 said:

As a parent, I'd be far less concerned about pee than puke or poo... Especially of the sudden-onset variety. While neither comfortable nor enjoyable, pee is sterile, cleans out easily, and when well hydrated is mostly colorless and odorless.

Along similar lines . . . the Cal Club track doctor used to tell us no matter what you eat before a race get the remaining matter out of you before strapping in.

ShinnyGroove (Forum Supporter)
ShinnyGroove (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
7/30/21 6:03 p.m.

I must be the only guy who actually eats better on track weekends. I like a salty meal and a bunch of beer as much as the next guy, but summer racing in the South is so brutal... Doing everything I can to hydrate, it's not uncommon for me to lose 6-7 pounds of water in a single track day.  I know a guy that passed out on the track from dehyration and got hurt pretty bad in the resulting crash. I'm a choir boy on race weekends, limit myself to a drink or two (if at all) and healthy meals as much as practical. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PlRR3ebv63Fx8avQUDbfOWf15mkPbyebTljNN0Ram33tRdmsMq9nv6iueAU66ScP