1/25/21 8:37 p.m.

Finally done.

vwcorvette (Forum Supporter)
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/25/21 8:40 p.m.

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/25/21 8:45 p.m.

I regret that I have just one thumbs up to give. It's epically good!

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/25/21 9:13 p.m.

That looks just fantastic. Great job!

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 SuperDork
1/25/21 9:29 p.m.

Epic

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UltimaDork
1/26/21 9:37 a.m.

I can almost hear the scream of the sucker fan from the pictures.

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid SuperDork
1/26/21 2:49 p.m.

DAmn., that is cool as hell. I have seen that car in person at the corvette place in 2015.

Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter)
Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/27/21 11:04 a.m.

Amazing job!

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
1/27/21 11:08 a.m.

Of all the things I expected to see today, a faithfully produced scale model of a Challenge car was not one of them. Very cool indeed.

(an article about the original car, for those like myself who weren't familiar with the source context since it was before I started working here.)

RustBeltSherpa
RustBeltSherpa New Reader
1/27/21 5:08 p.m.

In reply to vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) :

Incredible build! Just curious, has Team Cheaparral(Stoyan, Cliff, et al) seen the pictures yet?  What are their reactions?

1/27/21 11:03 p.m.

In reply to RustBeltSherpa :

They knew it was being built as they sent vwc the original artwork files which I used to make the decals.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
1/27/21 11:33 p.m.

God tier

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
1/28/21 1:47 p.m.

OMG

TurboTodd
TurboTodd New Reader
1/31/21 12:02 p.m.

In reply to RustBeltSherpa :

All of us didn't know until Tuesday.  George Rooney had reached out to Stoyan, and he had sent reference photos.  Kerry, Cliff, Sue, Matt, wayne, Jason, Russel, Brian, Pat, Dan, and myself saw them then.  Don't know if Danny saw yet, but he's about to get the link. Dan and Stoyan sent the files.

Great work by George Rooney.

vwcorvette (Forum Supporter)
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/31/21 2:43 p.m.

They've been involved since the beginning. I sent pics last week before I posted here. I was so excited they liked it. 

When the model build for October became the "Challenge" I really had only 1 choice. See, I always wanted to be the first Vette to the Challenge, but it never worked out. I was totally in awe of their build. So when October came around I knew what I was doing. Thanks to Stoyan and company for many reference photos and information. Thanks to Mike (Javelin) for supplying the turbos and the decals. Thanks to the GRM community for finding positive and fun ways to deal with the isolation of the pandemic. I've now built more model cars in the last year than in the past two decades. And I'm not stopping.

I <heart> GRM!

1/31/21 3:34 p.m.

In reply to vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) :

Thanks for being such a huge part of the forum and the model building. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/5/21 10:16 a.m.
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) said:

They've been involved since the beginning. I sent pics last week before I posted here. I was so excited they liked it. 

When the model build for October became the "Challenge" I really had only 1 choice. See, I always wanted to be the first Vette to the Challenge, but it never worked out. I was totally in awe of their build. So when October came around I knew what I was doing. Thanks to Stoyan and company for many reference photos and information. Thanks to Mike (Javelin) for supplying the turbos and the decals. Thanks to the GRM community for finding positive and fun ways to deal with the isolation of the pandemic. I've now built more model cars in the last year than in the past two decades. And I'm not stopping.

I <heart> GRM!

Thanks for sharing your work with the rest of the class. Totally digging these builds. Glad to see it becoming such a group project, too.

Thanks, everyone. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WGwHx0esK86rKDAXBW2M98G5yztFm6YVYajZlerPAbBDyMMs3mssfsygr8HLPc4L