1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 219
Rupert
Rupert HalfDork
12/15/14 12:42 p.m.

In reply to etifosi: We made a few Saturn parts at the Budd Co. too. I believe we lost money on every part we ever sold them.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad HalfDork
12/15/14 12:44 p.m.

In reply to etifosi:way more square, 4 door, and (I think) older.

belteshazzar
belteshazzar UberDork
12/15/14 2:17 p.m.
Rupert wrote: In reply to chandlerGTi: You are Half Right. One VW plant was in Westmorland Pa. The other was in South Charleston WV. LOL! When both US VW plants shut down, we hired former employees from each at the Budd Co. But speaking of a unicorn, there is also a square headlight VW pickup I see around here from time to time.

the kids around here do that conversion all the time. if it came with one thing, they wanna swap it to the other one. Just to be different. but they all do it.

Rupert
Rupert HalfDork
12/15/14 3:01 p.m.
KyAllroad wrote: I saw a bunch in the Bay area this summer but yesterday I spotted a Tesla in Lexington. They are pretty cars IMHO.

There are also a couple of them in Anchorage. Ky.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UltraDork
12/15/14 3:55 p.m.
belteshazzar wrote:
Rupert wrote: In reply to chandlerGTi: You are Half Right. One VW plant was in Westmorland Pa. The other was in South Charleston WV. LOL! When both US VW plants shut down, we hired former employees from each at the Budd Co. But speaking of a unicorn, there is also a square headlight VW pickup I see around here from time to time.
the kids around here do that conversion all the time. if it came with one thing, they wanna swap it to the other one. Just to be different. but they all do it.

Yup, all the US trucks had square headlights but it was in style to go round lights and Europe wanted our square fronts. Ridiculous. The early US rabbits don't have corner lights and that's the look I prefer.

SEADave
SEADave Reader
12/15/14 4:30 p.m.
KyAllroad wrote: My google fu is failing me but I just say a minty looking late 80s small wagon, I thought it was a Pontiac Sunbird but can't find any images that look right. Notable feature was the headlights, they were fixed but half covered with a pop up arrangement that really grabbed my attention. Anyone know what I'm on about?

Sunbirds did come as wagons: and with half-lidded headlights: But I haven't been able to find a picture of a car with both. Was it possibly some other J-body variant?

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UberDork
12/15/14 4:46 p.m.

I just saw a Mazda6 wagon. Older one, not the new one we don't get get. Still a car that I see very very few of.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/15/14 4:56 p.m.
SEADave wrote:
KyAllroad wrote: My google fu is failing me but I just say a minty looking late 80s small wagon, I thought it was a Pontiac Sunbird but can't find any images that look right. Notable feature was the headlights, they were fixed but half covered with a pop up arrangement that really grabbed my attention. Anyone know what I'm on about?
Sunbirds did come as wagons: and with half-lidded headlights: But I haven't been able to find a picture of a car with both. Was it possibly some other J-body variant?

I worked at a Pontiac dealership for a moment in 1988. I don't think that you could get the covered lights on the wagon.

Woody
12/15/14 4:59 p.m.

Are you sure it was a wagon and not a hatch?

KyAllroad
KyAllroad HalfDork
12/15/14 5:17 p.m.

Definitely the sunbird wagon body. Burgundy paint. The headlights looked different than any of those though (as it went past in the opposite direction).

Now I'll be on the lookout for it again since my interest is piqued.

Woody
12/15/14 5:26 p.m.

I can't find a picture of a wagon, but the Buick Skyhawk had flip ups for a while too.

Woody
12/15/14 5:29 p.m.

Here's a newer Pontiac:

KyAllroad
KyAllroad HalfDork
12/15/14 5:52 p.m.

Yeah, that's it. I'm a (half) dork for not getting it right the first time. Thanks Woody

RyanW
RyanW None
12/15/14 6:05 p.m.

Interesting. I clicked this thread saying "my car is a unicorn"

I drive a Galant VR-4 every day.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe SuperDork
12/15/14 6:51 p.m.

Another one on the way home from LA, looked like he was shifting, maybe a manual.

mthomson22
mthomson22 UltraDork
12/15/14 7:27 p.m.

Literally 3 miles from my house, and for sale

crazycanadian
crazycanadian Reader
12/15/14 8:06 p.m.

I see one every time I go for a drive.

an 88 mazda 323 gtx with 80,000km.

Oh wait it's mine.

Woody
12/15/14 8:15 p.m.
mthomson22 wrote: Literally 3 miles from my house, and for sale

What do you know about that thing?

Nitroracer
Nitroracer SuperDork
12/15/14 8:21 p.m.

I didn't see it in person, but I did find a car that isn't supposed to exist. I found a 1.0L ecoboost fiesta that had alloys, a nice sync setup, ST seats, etc. All kinds of options that technically don't exist on the SE/1.0L ecoboost option list. It was sold before I could get my hands on it.

http://www.washingtonford.com/used/Ford/2014-Ford-Fiesta-120e413c0a0a00646ae8ea1a3fa31465.htm

oldsaw
oldsaw UltimaDork
12/15/14 11:03 p.m.

I saw an unmolested Supra this afternoon and the brown paint looked original, but not great.

It was immediately followed by a metallic green Eclipse, which is kinda rare even in my area of suburban Atlanta.

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Reader
12/16/14 9:12 a.m.

This showed up on local CL this morning. '03 Stratus with a manual trans

I didn't even know such a thing existed.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter PowerDork
12/16/14 9:14 a.m.

I have a Volvo S40 with a stick. Does that count?

Rupert
Rupert HalfDork
12/16/14 9:23 a.m.
Woody wrote:
mthomson22 wrote: Literally 3 miles from my house, and for sale
What do you know about that thing?

What is it??

slowride
slowride Reader
12/16/14 10:05 a.m.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/16/14 10:13 a.m.

Before I left Tampa, I spotted a black Solstice GXP Coupe just down the road from my work. The guy drove it everyday. I think they look pretty damn good and according to the Wikipedia, only 1152 were produced.

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 219

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gKt2PBoNluZ7VFc80QoM0FZ2y6R27BltHf5p2oB4herNu3ePV5qOF2llYROIBzLC