1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 ... 219
chandler
chandler PowerDork
9/15/18 6:44 a.m.

Sl500 are everywhere but this had a panoramic roof and the Lorinser catalog thrown at it. Annnnd, on a crap lot in Warren, oh

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand New Reader
9/15/18 3:46 p.m.

Don't see these too often these days. The lady actually got on the gas once we hit the highway too. 

slantvaliant
slantvaliant UltraDork
9/15/18 8:25 p.m.

My brother sent this:  

I'm saying 1951 Crosley.   Yep, they're that small.

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
9/16/18 8:03 a.m.

A very clean Volvo 780...

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 UltraDork
9/18/18 6:13 p.m.

Maybe not a unicorn depending on what line of work or part of the world you're in, but sure isn't something you expect to see driving down the street in small, college town, suburban Arkansas.

P3PPY
9/18/18 9:07 p.m.
NickD said:

Not just a Consulier, but John Fitch's personal Consulier GTP-LX!

Forgive me for my ignorance, but I thought I was looking at a very shoddy F40 replicar

P3PPY
9/20/18 7:23 p.m.

It was a very unicorn heavy drive home today. Disclaimer: maybe not where YOU live, but around here these are all rare

What??

Nice!

Shoulda bought the Lambo though

okay impossible to see in the side view mirror but it was a white 928 with roll bars

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/20/18 7:25 p.m.
P3PPY said:
NickD said:

Not just a Consulier, but John Fitch's personal Consulier GTP-LX!

Forgive me for my ignorance, but I thought I was looking at a very shoddy F40 replicar

I saw that exact car last week. Not another Consulier, but that very one.

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
9/29/18 6:43 p.m.

Saw a blacked out Polaris Slingshot with a wing today.  What made it truly unique was the driver . . . in full head to toe Batman costume.  Sadly, I was driving, with no passenger, so no pics.  

EDIT:  Probably this guy Nana nana nana nana BATMAN!

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
9/30/18 10:02 p.m.

Picture is bad but it has a slick black paint job and "340" mentioned on the paint. It sounded nice! I am back to driving a truck and I see many unicorns but I can't take pictures. I got this one because I was stopped at a light in Edwardsville, Illinois.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
10/1/18 8:57 a.m.

A Studebaker Wagonaire. Decals and license plate claim it's a 1966, the last year of production.

crankwalk
crankwalk GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/1/18 12:53 p.m.
Sine_Qua_Non said:

Saw a pristine black Mitsubishi Diamante VR-X yesterday on the road driven by an older gentlemen. He must babied that car for years driving slow since he was doing 35 mph in a 45 mph zone. Never heard of the VR-X for that model. 

They are literally nothing special. No turbos, no AWD. They have a different muffler and sportier looks.  Junk.

The0retical
The0retical UltraDork
10/5/18 12:46 p.m.

I guess the price has fallen low enough on second generation luxury trucks that they can be used for truck stuff.

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
10/12/18 1:47 p.m.

I passed an i8 on my commute this morning, but the real unicorn was the Suzuki Cappuccino I was next to in traffic coming home on Wednesday.  First one I've ever seen in person.  It was driven by a young Asian girl; I beeped and waved but she wouldn't look over.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
10/12/18 2:05 p.m.

I turned around and snapped a pic if this one today from my truck. 

At my neighboring County Club there was a Rolls Convertible. Not an everyday car around here. I have not seen it before. 

crankwalk
crankwalk GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/16/18 4:09 p.m.

When this guy parties, he really parties.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/24/18 3:44 p.m.

It was raining and I was passing it on the interstate, but I'm fairly certain I saw an Icon Bronco on the back of a car hauler. Matte charcoal paint, gunmetal wheels, huge red calipers, hardtop. Didn't get a good look at the side badges, except to see that it had something there. Could have been this truck:

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/24/18 4:19 p.m.
kazoospec said:

Saw a blacked out Polaris Slingshot with a wing today.  What made it truly unique was the driver . . . in full head to toe Batman costume.  Sadly, I was driving, with no passenger, so no pics.  

EDIT:  Probably this guy Nana nana nana nana BATMAN!

looking through those pictures with the sick or injured kids is the saddest thing, man. especially that little boy with the head injury, isn't even looking up. I've never cared about superheroes or anything but i'm really glad he's doing his part to make things better for little kids

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
10/26/18 3:46 p.m.

Sitting at a red light yesterday when an all white Bricklin went past. No chance of a photo. Not sure how rare they are, but it's the only one I've ever seen in the wild.

Looked pretty rough.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 UltraDork
11/9/18 7:27 p.m.

I saw a working driving 2 door Freelander today.  I don't think I've seen one in 10 years.

johndej
johndej HalfDork
11/9/18 9:19 p.m.

Road tripping the west coast has led to great car spotting...  TR7 (driving), Karma Kit Car Volkswagen (driving), Saab Sonett, Siata Spring, Ferrari La Ferrari, Bugatti Veyron, Maclaren P1, Pegani Huayra, Pegani Zonda, another high end Lamborghini I couldn't determine fast enough, and plenty more stuff I'd call rare back east...

This is not counting the stuff seen in the lobby of the Peterson Museum (s600, sports 600, 30s Datsun, Andretti F1, early Indy cars, Porsche 917, several others)

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
11/9/18 10:52 p.m.

there's a Studebaker Avanti I think not terribly far from me when I sorta got lost the other night in the new neighborhood.  I'll have to go back and take a pic.

But I did see a Passat sized VW R36 if I remember correctly just this week. Looked good. smiley

Harvey
Harvey GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/10/18 5:07 p.m.

I'd say this guy is a unicorn, but especially in the northeast.

buzzboy
buzzboy Reader
11/10/18 5:34 p.m.

I saw a Toyota Mirai today. I didn't even know it was a thing. I didn't know we had enough Hydrogen infrastructure anywhere to run a fuel cell vehicle. 

Rons
Rons GRM+ Memberand New Reader
11/10/18 6:38 p.m.

Wednesday and Thursday I saw a mid sixties Rambler 770 V8 two door parked. On Thursday a JDM Nissan Rasheen again parked and ready to go. 

Today I was walking my dog in Edgemont Village heard a raspy exhaust note and saw what looked like a Lotus Cortina driving away. We got back to the car and driving home saw a Citroen TA in traffic. 

No camera with me on any of these, but I sure wish I could upload the images from my brain.

1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 ... 219

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QFFeDSpdbIIEbJLqpicw5NZNttiu13uMKzhKiCln6fkGgvRQf2aVHp8xDcwC0Lsp