1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 ... 219
Recon1342
Recon1342 HalfDork
5/6/20 11:14 a.m.

When's the last time you saw a '55 Bel Air sedan? I can't remember...

Bent-Valve (FS)
Bent-Valve (FS) HalfDork
5/8/20 9:52 p.m.

Some things are nice to see out and about!

mjrj (Forum Supporter)
mjrj (Forum Supporter) New Reader
5/8/20 10:50 p.m.

Had Washington plates.  Not normally seen around these parts.

Dave
Dave Reader
5/8/20 10:57 p.m.

Japanese gray market unicorn

or

European gray market unicorn

stroker
stroker UberDork
5/9/20 6:20 a.m.

I saw an XJS moving under its own power yesterday...

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
5/9/20 8:10 a.m.

Since there is so many Neon fans here, a pretty decent survivor  looking "sport coupe" on the way home from work the other day. 

Slippery (Forum Supporter)
Slippery (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/9/20 3:54 p.m.

Slippery (Forum Supporter)
Slippery (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/9/20 3:54 p.m.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/9/20 5:01 p.m.

I forget about this thread. Here's a couple submissions. 

I took this photo yesterday. The owner had just bought it. It's absolutely spotless.

Sadly, this might be just as rare. My recently purchased unmodified (the part that makes it a unicorn) WRX wagon.

It's next to my actual unicorn of a Ralliart wagon.

For the rust belt guys, that's a rust free GMT 400. 

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/9/20 6:43 p.m.

We took a drive down to Big Sur today. The boy spotted a couple unicorns. 

Porsche 959 on the opposite side of the road. I've seen a couple of them around Monterey so I don't doubt that it was real. Canepa is local and restores them. 

McLaren 570 GT. It had a huge rear wing. Not sure What spec it was. 

2020 GT500.

it was a good day for a drive. 

spandak
spandak HalfDork
5/10/20 12:11 a.m.

In reply to CAinCA :

There have been some amazing cars out and about during the quarantine. 

Also every drive in Big Sur is a good day to drive. Love it up there

Rons
Rons GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/10/20 11:13 a.m.

Back from the USSR:

Yes this is a Lada in great  condition seen in lower Lonsdale North Vancouver yesterday 

So seen last night with  no pictures a Dodge motorhome on a 60s van, a mid seventies Lemans, and an 80ish Camaro all in good shape all within a block of each other on the local res.

lrrs
lrrs HalfDork
5/14/20 5:49 a.m.

95 south, just south of the Maine boarder, or as you can see in the center pic, 13 miles north of the Mass boarder.  

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
5/14/20 12:55 p.m.

Rare towing rare at walmart yesterday. Both looked to be in quite nice restored shape. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/14/20 12:58 p.m.
Rons said:

Back from the USSR:

Yes this is a Lada in great  condition seen in lower Lonsdale North Vancouver yesterday 

So seen last night with  no pictures a Dodge motorhome on a 60s van, a mid seventies Lemans, and an 80ish Camaro all in good shape all within a block of each other on the local res.

Ladas were actually sold in Canada for a while.  There was a LeMons team who acquired one and smuggled it across the border.  They had a funny blog for their team written in Ivan Chesnokov style, and every time someone finished a task or something they would get some puffed-up medal or title.

buzzboy
buzzboy Dork
5/14/20 6:18 p.m.

The only 58 BelAir I've seen in person. Friend just got it running and is putting it up for sale. 348 and 2 speed.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Dork
5/14/20 8:09 p.m.

I saw a clean looking dark blue Triumph TR250 today going south on PA611. No pic, as I was hustling a shop errand.

rattfink81
rattfink81 Reader
5/15/20 8:31 a.m.

I saw what looked liked a Dodge magnum earlier this week. No photo as we passed each other at highway speeds going opposite directions. But it like pretty spot on as this picture I found, including t tops, rear spoiler and mean looking black paint

Recon1342
Recon1342 HalfDork
5/15/20 1:45 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

Do you have a link? Sounds like some good reading...

chandler
chandler PowerDork
5/15/20 8:23 p.m.
rattfink81 said:

I saw what looked liked a Dodge magnum earlier this week. No photo as we passed each other at highway speeds going opposite directions. But it like pretty spot on as this picture I found, including t tops, rear spoiler and mean looking black paint

I'm in love! My dads friend had one in white with red velour interior. May have been why I bought a 79 Lebanon in white with red interior. Maybe

dxman92
dxman92 HalfDork
5/16/20 8:24 a.m.

R32 Skyline, newer 9-5 wagon, 9-3 Sportcombi, a newer Ridgeline towing a trailer, M Roadster droptop, and that new Bentley SUV.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/18/20 12:21 p.m.

I've seen this around town but never could get a picture. It belongs to one of my customers today. 89 Nissan Cima.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Dork
5/21/20 8:13 p.m.

Well since 4 door shoebox Chevys are now considered unicorns, I followed this one south on 25th St Easton for about a mile today. Four doors, 2 tail pipes and early chrome Keystone wheels. Maybe original paint, certainly original color, more lavender than the windshield in the X1/9 would transmit.

Stealthtercel
Stealthtercel Dork
5/21/20 10:40 p.m.

I just passed what looked like a 1st-gen Scirocco on the 401 in Toronto.  Seemed to be in decent shape, to the extent you can tell as you go by at 125 km/h under weird highway lighting.  I think it's been at least two decades since I saw one in the wild.

stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter)
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/21/20 10:50 p.m.

I couldn't get a pic but I saw an absolutely gorgeous Royal Sapphire Pearl Blue MKIV Supra TT on my way to work today. He ended up in front of me on the onramp to 75N. It looked like it had drag radials and skinnies but I didn't get a good look because as soon as we merged onto the freeway, he was gone. It sounded wicked.

The MKIV Supra is one of my dream cars. I have loved them ever since they were in production and I was a nerdy teenager.

It looked like this but had different wheels and tires:

Such a beautiful car. I love the styling from this era of Japanese cars.

1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 ... 219

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CMe2xrKNkoI7SJ2G4Ezqrf5Ix3SOM71nFzbp20YbkLRVZzfpYW6VVsSyaKl6rCQn