1 ... 3 4 5 6
b13990
b13990 Reader
10/15/19 6:33 p.m.

Man, that guy with the Audi was fighting a lot of losing battles. Thots and prayers.

Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
10/16/19 7:16 a.m.
TurnerX19 said:

In reply to Cooter :

How is the left rear 1/4 on this X1/9? If un-rusted could you remove it? Needs to be sawed off, it is welded on. My car is badly rusted on the wheel arch, and I was contemplating hand hammering a new one to weld on.

Were you interested in this?   I'm probably going to hit the yards again today.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Dork
10/16/19 7:40 a.m.

In reply to Cooter :

Very interested. It would need to be cut so that it includes the strut mount turret and the inner fender to reduce the cut distance/time. Then horizontally through the Bertone logo vent and down the door opening. At the rear vertical through the tail lamp aparature. Do you have a rechargeable sawzall, and will it run that long? Lots of that is double paneled. Give me an estimate of price to land it in your yard. I would come to pick up (from PA) or do the GRM relay to get it. I need the inner fender as well as the outer skin. Post a photo of the outside as well before we commit, it is too much work if it is not really good!

Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
10/16/19 7:54 a.m.

Tell you what.   I'll get pix of the quarter panel today, and you Photoshop me some cut lines on an X1/9 photo so I will know what I am in for, and so we don't have any mixups.  I have an 18V DeWalt cordless sawzall, and a couple of spare batteries, but I will probably buy a couple more before I tackle this (if it is feasible)  There is also an unpainted fiberglass lower valence on this car, which struck me as pretty odd.

jfryjfry
jfryjfry Dork
10/16/19 8:45 a.m.

Any chance I could put in a request for a charcoal canister?  From an 80’s-90’s ford would be great.  

Bonus would be the filler neck, too. 

Super bonus would be the large diameter metal hose that goes on one of the large vents on the canister. 

Maybe we need a junkyard wish list thread....

classicJackets
classicJackets Dork
10/16/19 8:56 a.m.

In reply to jfryjfry :

I would sign up for that

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Dork
10/16/19 9:32 a.m.

In reply to Cooter :

Take a pic of that valence too please. Cut line photos coming.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Dork
10/16/19 9:48 a.m.

Cut line pics. Black line viewed from rear, red line from side. Alternates presented through the inner fender. More is better, but do it easiest.

Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
10/16/19 2:36 p.m.
jfryjfry said:

Any chance I could put in a request for a charcoal canister?  From an 80’s-90’s ford would be great.  

Bonus would be the filler neck, too. 

Super bonus would be the large diameter metal hose that goes on one of the large vents on the canister. 

Maybe we need a junkyard wish list thread....

Any particular model Ford?

Anyone is more than welcome to post up what they are looking for here if they would like.   I can't remove the parts for free, but I can do my best to be reasonable.

Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
10/16/19 2:43 p.m.
TurnerX19 said:

In reply to Cooter :

Take a pic of that valence too please. Cut line photos coming.

Unfortunately, I was already through the yard at the point when you posted.  I thought I took a photo, anyway, but it doesn't appear to be in my phone...

However, it looks like a stock piece, but made of fiberglass.    

Photos in a bit...

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
10/16/19 2:47 p.m.
Cooter said:

Whatever that yard is, I'm suprised it's not over-run with instababies trying to score 'urbex' photos.  There's an off-chance that some coffee shop is looking for prints of that place to hang up for "ambiance"

also, I need to read through more of this thread now

please continue on about your seeing of things at the junkyard

Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
10/16/19 2:52 p.m.

Looks like the lip has been scuffed...

Under the rocker trim...

The inner is pretty rough...

Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
10/16/19 2:53 p.m.

That giant washer reservoir, though, 

Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
10/16/19 2:56 p.m.

Meanwhile, at the back of the yard-

Yeas, that is a giant lifted 2wd Ford Bronco dually on Alcoas...

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/16/19 3:02 p.m.

those fiat door handles are ferrari pieces I think wink

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Dork
10/16/19 4:21 p.m.

In reply to Cooter :

Due to the wrinkle I will pass on that fender. The giant washer bottle is worth it for you to take and sell to someone else if it isn't cracked in the back. I replaced mine with something Japanese 14 years ago. Given the visible level of fluid it is probably bad, the leak happens just above thatsad

TheRX7Project
TheRX7Project HalfDork
10/16/19 4:22 p.m.

This might be a stretch, but is that '66 Belvedere still kicking around?

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Dork
10/16/19 4:27 p.m.

In reply to Robbie :

They fit a bunch of Bertone cars, only one of which has a horsey in the logo. 308GT4  Tail lamps fit that too. Too common to be valuable to Cooterfrown 

Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
10/16/19 5:15 p.m.

In reply to TheRX7Project :

The Belvedere was crushed about 4 months ago.  What did you need?

Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
10/16/19 5:19 p.m.
TurnerX19 said:

In reply to Cooter :

Due to the wrinkle I will pass on that fender. The giant washer bottle is worth it for you to take and sell to someone else if it isn't cracked in the back. I replaced mine with something Japanese 14 years ago. Given the visible level of fluid it is probably bad, the leak happens just above thatsad

Thanks.  I will have to take a look at it the next time I am out there.   The door handles don't bring too much money, but I took a gamble on the rear marker lights and through-glass mirror.   They threw in the markers,and the mirror was $10 and was cake to remove.  The marker lights are cheap and easy to ship.

TheRX7Project
TheRX7Project HalfDork
10/16/19 6:19 p.m.

In reply to Cooter :

Ah crap. That is a shame. I need a passenger side rear door handle and the windshield trim.

Truly a shame when vintage metal gets crushed- even a lowly 4 door /6 car- there's only so many left. At this point I'd wager there are more 2-doors of any model than there are 4-doors (that were available as both), simply because the 4-doors were parts/ throwaway cars. I'm of the "save them all" mindset.

Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
10/18/19 6:06 p.m.

Finally hit an Old School yard today.  (They even give hand written receipts)

And guess what I found? (Spoiler Alert)

This and the taillights will go great on my Ugly American project.

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo SuperDork
10/19/19 8:15 a.m.

Digging the old Illinois plates in the pics of that Eagle.

Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
11/7/19 10:23 a.m.

Hardly ever see Miatas in the JY...

Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
11/7/19 10:27 a.m.

Nice bumper and grille on this Econoline.  (Dig the license plate step)

Funky '90s conversion van interior.

1 ... 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JbXTzNcg9e1y61znBDB1RQhcUrQUerNgQB78ZmXauBMMU7fTmXiLLJndWTkhIkyJ