David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
11/22/22 2:14 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

Or is it the Oldsmobile of minivans? 

AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
12/6/22 3:35 p.m.

For Appleseed?  Two for $5k obo! Would be fun, but that's a lot of time to be in a box:

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/6/22 6:32 p.m.

In reply to AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter) :

Nothing dangerous about ultralights.  But because they are (relatively) cheap, and you do not need a license to fly them,  they attract fools by the truckload.

I'm not buying a A-26K today.

It's a Real Craigslist Ad.

Skobie
Skobie New Reader
12/7/22 5:48 a.m.
AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter) said:

For Appleseed?  Two for $5k obo! Would be fun, but that's a lot of time to be in a box:

Do you mean a lot of time for the aircraft, after storing it, or for the new owner, after crashing it?

12/15/22 12:30 p.m.

Not bad. I'm guessing it's a VR6. Nice set up with the winch and rack.

12/19/22 1:02 p.m.

I'd do the "$12K for all four".

Maybe after I sell the CR-Z, Sequoia, and Zanzibar Red Boxster? I can line them up next to the three 914s.

12/20/22 1:27 p.m.

I don't want this, but I kind of do. ...pretty sure I don't want this I think. but... Oops.  No way I'll meet reserve.

12/21/22 2:26 p.m.

High bid was an Albanian at $625. My max bid was $500. I'm still expecting the reserve to be over $1K.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
12/21/22 2:49 p.m.

In reply to AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter) :

That'd be interesting to just mechanically fix and drive around as it is.

12/21/22 4:05 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

Yes and the lack of details in the listing - missing much of the basic info and no hood up photo - makes me very curious about the car and it's reasons. It's going back up on auction again a week from now. I may head to the lot on Tuesday for a better look. I'll have two less cars here next week and might get more serious. The Fauxrari (3000GT) and Little Debbie (Boxster) are leaving as Christmas presents this weekend.

Noddaz
Noddaz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/21/22 5:23 p.m.

I can't resist.

12/21/22 7:14 p.m.
Noddaz said:

I can't resist.

Prices on the ones I've seen are crazy, but that one looks *new*. Nice.

1/3/23 9:42 p.m.

I was busy and missed the sale of the 450SL. By then I had decided seriously No, but I did want to see what it went for.

This Fiat is up tomorrow. At no reserve I hope I don't do anything stupid.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/3/23 9:48 p.m.

If I remember correctly, only the Fiat 500 Abarth is approved for autox.  The plain 500, like this one is expressly excluded due to height:width ratio.  

Also, if you buy this Fiat know that a 2 door, non-sporty manual trans car is very had to find a buyer for.  Be sure to buy it ultra cheap.  Even if you do get it cheap, at any price, it could take a very long time to find a buyer. 

There is a turbo 500, but I think this red one is a non-turbo model.   

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/3/23 10:02 p.m.

I just looked out front and no Boxster!  Someone got a Zanzibar red Christmas present!  And it wasn't me :(.

1/3/23 11:47 p.m.
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) said:

I just looked out front and no Boxster!  Someone got a Zanzibar red Christmas present!  And it wasn't me :(.

It was a Tiptronic. I didn't want you to have to go through the whole auto-to-manual swap with all the other projects you've got.

1/3/23 11:54 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Out of the 260+ cars in that auction only 5 are manual and that's how it got my attention.

Well then, maybe I'll have to plan to not buy this (with an auto transmission) instead:

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/3/23 11:55 p.m.

It was a Tiptronic. I didn't want you to have to go through the whole auto-to-manual swap with all the other projects you've got.

You are correct, I have too much junk of my own.  The backyard kitchen will be sorted soon, the house is about 95% unpacked inside, the garage is a mess from the holidays and moving, the Miata needs maintenance. the OBS has a serious electrical issue and the rallycar will be a never ending project.  Hopefully the rallycar and I will make it to OK this spring for the first runs.  It might even be slower than my stock Impreza RS at first, but I only know one way to find out. 

1/4/23 12:09 a.m.

...  Hopefully the rallycar and I will make it to OK this spring for the first runs.  It might even be slower than my stock Impreza RS at first, but I only know one way to find out. 

My first event this year will be March 5th with North Texas. Hope to see you there. I'm planning to help out with the 'LIME 100' minibike race the day before.

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
1/4/23 8:54 a.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Out of the 260+ cars in that auction only 5 are manual and that's how it got my attention.

Well then, maybe I'll have to plan to not buy this (with an auto transmission) instead:

If you happen to buy this today, I will happen to buy the front suspension (minus dampers), and bare-ish steering column off you later in the spring... 

1/4/23 1:49 p.m.

The Miata just went for $3150, which was more than my threshold of interest. But an upcoming lot caught my eye. This no reserve Camry Hybrid probably doesn't power up or start because the 12V battery is in the crushed area of the trunk. I don't really have much desire for a Camry Hybrid, but it's no reserve and may stay interestingly low $. Will someone Toyota savvy be interested for more than me? ...probably.

1/4/23 3:20 p.m.

I resolved to not bid over $500. Well, my $475 bid won the Camry. Didn't really expect that and I have no plans. I kind of wish I had bid the $175 that won the red '90s Ford Ranger because I could have used the bed and made a Camry Pick-up. I know I can make some money easily, parting and scrapping. Just Promised Mrs AAZCD that the worst rusted 914 is going on FB Market - I only want to build one 914 and I only bought it for some of the extra parts that came with it.

in for hybrid shenanigans

1 2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wehxpQ2texnmrhD6ZKJ1xP56lJhz95LtH7A2gcLeHYkObrdzcVcSs9kbsnCUUtEW