beaterworld
beaterworld New Reader
11/27/09 10:48 a.m.

Racing in Canada. Some might think of Mosport. Some might think of this.

mtn
mtn SuperDork
11/27/09 10:58 a.m.

Can we call canoe on this guy out of annoyance?

Carson
Carson Dork
11/27/09 11:02 a.m.

I think everyone would be a lot more tolerant (not that we haven't been) if the guy did a simple introduction instead of just jumping in and posting random and somewhat irrelevant topics.

Jamesc2123
Jamesc2123 Reader
11/27/09 12:13 p.m.

Yeah this might actually be the coolest video i've seen: chevette ice racing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qEITe0hUhE

Makes me want to fix the hyundai with my dad so I can actually get on the ice this winter...

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture Reader
11/27/09 1:02 p.m.

Wow, that Chevette race is awesome. The pass for 2nd is simply epic. The driver in the video must have some serious patience

cwh
cwh SuperDork
11/27/09 1:07 p.m.

Beaterworld- Who are you? Do you have a car? (Besides Mommy's Echo) Where are you? How old? Come on, you want to play in our yard, you have to introduce yourself.

beaterworld
beaterworld New Reader
11/27/09 1:11 p.m.

In reply to cwh:

all i'm gonna say is i'm in canada, somewhere south of mosport

Bobzilla
Bobzilla HalfDork
11/27/09 1:12 p.m.

Ban?

cwh
cwh SuperDork
11/27/09 5:51 p.m.

Nah, we're not that kind. Besides, I love Mosport. He's definitly strange, maybe he will let us know who he is. (HINT)

iceracer
iceracer HalfDork
11/27/09 6:10 p.m.

Somewhere south of Mosport is Lake Ontario. So what's the big deal. we have ice racing in the USA also. www.icerace.com

mndsm
mndsm New Reader
11/27/09 6:21 p.m.

I'd feel more comfortable clicking on the links he repeatedly provides if I knew a little more about him. Hell, if it makes him feel better, I'll go ahead and intro myself, if need be.

cwh
cwh SuperDork
11/27/09 6:39 p.m.

Come on, who are you, where are you? This is a very tolerant group, you might just fit in well.

mndsm
mndsm New Reader
11/27/09 6:46 p.m.

Beaterworld- take it from a forum admin on another site, these guys are VERY welcoming. I've never felt out of place here, not for a second. Might wanna give em an idea as to who you are. Ladas are horrible little cars, BUT- I guarantee if you got one of those and quit with all the oddball posts, these characters would help you out. I for one found the post about TT'ing the Sienna a genius idea. I will say though, I'd have canoe'd you faster than I can blow a tire on a burnout for some of the posts you've put up. It seems rather odd to me, a lowly n00b, that you would come swinging in and start posting all these Canadian Youtube vids and repeated mentions of a certain Volvo graveyard ( I googled it) and all the ads from the "other" site. I vote tell me about yourself.

wayslow
wayslow New Reader
11/27/09 7:49 p.m.

Damn, I live just south of Mosport. This guy may live in my neighbourhood.

NYG95GA
NYG95GA SuperDork
11/27/09 8:00 p.m.

I've been profiling this "econobeater" character, and she has a confederate on the site. I wouldn't call it "deep cover", but well played, for the most part.

Stay tuned.

JFX001
JFX001 Dork
11/27/09 8:04 p.m.
NYG95GA wrote: I've been profiling this "econobeater" character, and she has a confederate on the site. I wouldn't call it "deep cover", but well played, for the most part. Stay tuned.

Tandem Trolling???

Hmmmm.....

NYG95GA
NYG95GA SuperDork
11/27/09 8:20 p.m.
JFX001 wrote: Tandem Trolling??? Hmmmm.....

I'm pretty sure it's a "Canadian" thing (not that that's a bad thing). Waiting for the forensics from Abbie before I write up the report. Gibbs is on my ass.. gotta go.

NGTD
NGTD HalfDork
11/27/09 8:51 p.m.
BobOfTheFuture wrote: Wow, that Chevette race is awesome. The pass for 2nd is simply epic. The driver in the video must have some serious patience

The driver and his son also zero'd the Touring class at Targa Newfoundland this year.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oPUdZOc3igNSqopzjLGnK0ZwhudZvU5yTdiwAt2Q7PcfCpB0d3E979t0pLyLo4Qn