1 2
KyAllroad
KyAllroad UberDork
9/8/16 9:19 a.m.

That really sucks. No off street parking available?

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UberDork
9/8/16 9:26 a.m.

Man, that sucks. You are the 3rd person I know in the past month whose car has been hit while parked by a big stupid truck, and out of those three, two were hit-and-runs. Glad you caught the lowlife pile of crap that did it.

java230
java230 Dork
9/8/16 9:29 a.m.

E36 M3ty! At least you have some awesome neighbors

Harvey
Harvey GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/8/16 9:36 a.m.

Damn, that blows man, hope she has insurance, but if not then I'd imagine yours will cover it without a rise in premiums?

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
9/8/16 9:37 a.m.

I kinda thought there might be some "first light" pictures this morning.

jstein77
jstein77 UltraDork
9/8/16 9:39 a.m.

I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver PowerDork
9/8/16 9:50 a.m.

that REALLY sucks.

I was really looking forward to seeing your progress on it.

Hope you are made whole on the deal. Would love to see it fixed, but sometimes a new chassis is the best answer.

84FSP
84FSP Dork
9/8/16 9:57 a.m.

This sucks but it is really rare to actually catch the person and have a solid case. I couldn't get the police to prosecute or even pursue a hit and run on my wife's truck (3 days old). In that case I had eye witnesses and video footage from Krogers security cameras that clearly showed the whole thing.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/8/16 11:34 a.m.
KyAllroad wrote: That really sucks. No off street parking available?

It's normally in the garage, but the damn carburetor on the Rambler broke again, so I had it in the street while I rebuilt the carb again after work yesterday. I was unsuccessful, so the Rambler was still there and I left the car on the street, where we leave the DD's randomly all the time. Never had a problem there before in 10+ years.

I have pics, will upload soon. Body damage isn't that impressive, the suspension stuff is if you know what to look for.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 SuperDork
9/8/16 4:30 p.m.

Wow, am I sorry to read this. I'm sorry.

I hope all is set right again.

Javelin
9/8/16 4:43 p.m.

Photobomb:

SEADave
SEADave HalfDork
9/8/16 4:45 p.m.

That really sucks, hope insurance treats you well. Good on your neighbors for watching out for you.

Javelin
9/8/16 4:53 p.m.

It's been towed to the body shop. So far:

3 wheels, LR quarter, LF fender, LF headlight & adjuster bucket, LF strut/coilover, LF LCA, LF outer tie rod, steering rack, LF wheel bearings/hub assembly, LF spindle/upright, C/C plates, rear calipers & parking brakes, and possibly the 4 tires all need to be replaced. There's going to be some trim pieces, bodywork, and of course painting half the car (how do you match a custom color anyway?!?).

If it's below the $10K agreed-value threshold, then it gets fixed. If it's above, then it gets totaled out and I can buy it back. Either way will have a branded title now, so there's also diminished value (yes, it was a clean-title, never-hit car before!).

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/8/16 5:16 p.m.

Struts are ONLY to be replaced in pairs so add the RF to the list.

Toebra
Toebra Reader
9/8/16 5:19 p.m.

At least you weren't in it when it got hit. If it gets totalled, buy it back and make it a track car.

Javelin
9/8/16 5:21 p.m.
dean1484 wrote: Struts are ONLY to be replaced in pairs so add the RF to the list.

It's an Eibach Pro Street coilover kit, so it will likely be all 4 anyways.

84FSP
84FSP Dork
9/8/16 5:23 p.m.

So - does it end up totalled and available to be bought back from insurance for 10% of the value? Me thinks it's challenge material

Nick (picaso) Comstock
Nick (picaso) Comstock UltimaDork
9/8/16 7:07 p.m.

Sorry about the cobra but all I can think of is at least it wasn't the javelin, maybe it was the right trade after all. Hopefully the drunk had insurance.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
9/8/16 7:58 p.m.
Javelin wrote: If it's below the $10K agreed-value threshold, then it gets fixed. If it's above, then it gets totaled out and I can buy it back. Either way will have a branded title now, so there's also diminished value (yes, it was a clean-title, never-hit car before!).

It will show up on future Carfaxes, but iIf it's not totaled the title shouldn't be branded.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UroUASKYOeannFD96Ro59cxNqAUfhT80RHKosKWfziM4Dtq6vs5tW6a7nLJAcLQT