1 2
noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand New Reader
9/1/11 2:35 p.m.

Ugh...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1965-AC-Cobra-Factory-Five-Open-wheel-replica-/220843801118?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item336b50fa1e#ht_500wt_1021

foxtrapper
foxtrapper SuperDork
9/1/11 2:43 p.m.

"I take pretty and make ugly"

That's what he was thinking, right?

mthomson22
mthomson22 New Reader
9/1/11 2:49 p.m.

I just threw up in my mouth

fasted58
fasted58 Dork
9/1/11 2:55 p.m.

'Unfortunately he found some loose ground when leaving an airport and crashed into a cyclone (chain link) fence.'

me thinks things might have been better (read crash) before all the improvements

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/1/11 2:55 p.m.

22 grand? A bit optimistic, are we?

dculberson
dculberson HalfDork
9/1/11 3:03 p.m.

It wouldn't be hard at all to fix it, no harder than starting with the wrecked one. But yeah, that's pretty bad. My biggest complaint is 4- or 5-point harnesses without a roll cage. That's a recipe for a real mess in a rollover accident.

DrBoost
DrBoost SuperDork
9/1/11 3:44 p.m.

I don't get it. The cobra is a very nice looking car. He didn't really modify the looks per se, but he just left off the front end. I mean, he didn't clean up the looks at all, just made it look bizzare.

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
9/1/11 3:49 p.m.

He had more time his hands than money.

A new front end isn't very expensive

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt Dork
9/1/11 3:53 p.m.

How do you align the headlights?

car39
car39 Reader
9/1/11 4:05 p.m.

Sledge hammer

stuart in mn
stuart in mn SuperDork
9/1/11 4:26 p.m.

I got the car with a wrecked front end. I modified the body so that it would drive as an open wheel car. I replaced the radiator with a duel flow aluminum racing radiator, new steering rack and added lights.

Buy it cheap, get a new front end from Factory Five, and you're ready to go. His loss is your gain.

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie HalfDork
9/1/11 5:59 p.m.
stuart in mn wrote: I got the car with a wrecked front end. I modified the body so that it would drive as an open wheel car. I replaced the radiator with a duel flow aluminum racing radiator, new steering rack and added lights. Buy it cheap, get a new front end from Factory Five, and you're ready to go. His loss is your gain.

It doesn't sound like he wants to sell it cheap.

kazoospec
kazoospec Reader
9/1/11 6:10 p.m.

Wow, its like someone crossbred a replicobra and a Prowler 50,000 times an picked the worst result. Shelby should sue for defamation.

integraguy
integraguy SuperDork
9/1/11 6:53 p.m.

I love it when folks say things like "I built this to please me, and if you think it looks incredibly dumb...then shut the F... up". Then they want to unload their "THING" on you. Why yes, PLEASE bite the hand extended to feed you.

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
9/1/11 7:42 p.m.

Hey, it's North Carolina.

familytruckster
familytruckster New Reader
9/1/11 7:46 p.m.

Wonder if he realizes it'd have a higher top speed if it had a front end on it.

Not like they were top speed monsters with the stock aero...

Vigo
Vigo Dork
9/1/11 7:59 p.m.

The first thing i thought was "looks like it got wrecked and the guy didnt have the money to fix it right".

And i was right.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/1/11 8:04 p.m.
familytruckster wrote: Wonder if he realizes it'd have a higher top speed if it had a front end on it. Not like they were top speed monsters with the stock aero...

True.. they were an open topped brick as far as aero is concerned

MrBenjamonkey
MrBenjamonkey HalfDork
9/1/11 8:24 p.m.

"I am going to start this auction by saying I made this car this way because I LIKE IT, and I don't need to hear any BS from the cobra purists that want to complain about what I did to make this car road worthy again."

I think this comes from the random hostility school of car salesmanship ...

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 Dork
9/1/11 9:43 p.m.
MrBenjamonkey wrote: I think this comes from the random hostility school of car salesmanship ...

That was my thought. I mean, whatever. You like the car, but clearly understand that many won't. So you start your sales pitch with "shut up!". Hum. Maybe something like "I know it's not to everyone's taste..." Whatever. I'm not trying to sell it.

fasted58
fasted58 Dork
9/1/11 9:52 p.m.

check out sellers negative feedback:

'WARNING Empty Box was delivered, Seller no longer communucating to resolve.'

yoi

M2Pilot
M2Pilot Reader
9/1/11 10:07 p.m.

Dang, I worked in Greenville today, if I'd only known I could have gone by & looked at this show winner.

MrBenjamonkey
MrBenjamonkey HalfDork
9/2/11 2:09 a.m.

Haha, yah, this thing totally won shows. LOL

Volksrodden
Volksrodden Dork
9/2/11 7:09 a.m.

I dont really care for what he did with the car either,...whatever floats your boat....

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/2/11 7:18 a.m.

look at the good news.. it's easy to restore to factory 5 specs.. and it is ONLY a factory 5 car.. not a true Cobra that got beaten with the ugly stick.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xg1SrwezjZlEebYLJsRTSTwBUcPoj9ZKiBYKUwMWYVUNHpfSv5NyCAER7ygop6tV