1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 ... 93
Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/8/19 12:55 p.m.

The entire inside between the lips was full of dirt and leaves mud and Bug carcasses and they smelled like piss from a pit bull. They were $4.36 so I'm not going to complain too much

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
5/8/19 2:29 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

They were $4.36 so I'm not going to complain too much

How did you arrive at the $4.36?  Did you negotiate down from $5?  Or did he entice you up from your $2 offer ?

Dusterbd13-michael
5/8/19 2:36 p.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy :

I looked at the guy after seeing the wheels and said I'll give you whatever I got left for them and between my wallet and change holder in the truck had $4.36. He took it.

Justjim75
Justjim75 HalfDork
5/8/19 3:42 p.m.

As good as that story is, I've done the very same thing!

I have not, however, actually burned something to the ground in my driveway to prove a point.  YET.

Dusterbd13-michael
5/8/19 4:26 p.m.

In reply to Justjim75 :

If it wasn't for grm and a misspent youth I wouldn't have any good stories. Granted the burning the mower to the ground was completely sober and in my 30s. So you have time yet!

Crackers
Crackers Dork
5/8/19 5:19 p.m.

LOL, I must have missed the lawnmower story. 

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
5/8/19 5:33 p.m.
Crackers said:

LOL, I must have missed the lawnmower story. 

Me too.

Dusterbd13, care to elaborate?

Dusterbd13-michael
5/8/19 6:27 p.m.
maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/8/19 7:39 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Not sure how I missed that story but my already high respect for you just doubled, maybe tripled today. 

Justjim75
Justjim75 HalfDork
5/8/19 10:42 p.m.

Mike, I had to.  Sorry, not sorry.

Crackers
Crackers Dork
5/9/19 12:01 a.m.

Fantastic! LOL 

So how much was the fine?

Dusterbd13-michael
5/9/19 5:37 a.m.

In reply to Crackers :

Honestly, all i can remember is that it was WAY more than the asking price for the mower

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
5/12/19 8:16 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

The story

I finally know the lawnmower story! (I don't have Facebook, and this reinforces why...)

Dusterbd13-michael
5/12/19 10:09 a.m.

The lawnmower wasn't one of my fonest moments. 

However, this may be! Lowes was able to modify a mistint of valspar rustoleum to close enough for me green! For 2.50!

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/12/19 10:46 a.m.

I wonder if 1/5 lawnmower bro tells the story of the crazy mother berker that lit a lawnmower on fire. I'd love to meet him and hear how he tells it. 

Dusterbd13-michael
5/12/19 12:50 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

I've never actually thought about what his side of it would sound like. Not sure I want to find them again to ask him about it though

Dusterbd13-michael
5/18/19 11:37 a.m.

It has a legal liscence plate. 

Dad drove it today for the first time. For 15 miles. And beat on it. He gave it the dad seal of approval, which is the highest honor in my mind. 

I drove it the 20 miles home. In 90 degree heat. With no issues with the car. It hot. Loud. Uncomfortable. Fast. 

So totally NOT a street car. But a streetable race car. 

This week will be cleaning and sorting out some minor gremlins in preparation for the local cruise night next week. Time to start practicing for the concourse.

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
5/18/19 5:59 p.m.

Well, that’s one major step forward towards being ready for challenge; a lot easier to get to some tests/tunes that way... and shake out any lingering issues before then.

Congrats!

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/18/19 6:52 p.m.

This thing is super sweet!

Dusterbd13-michael
5/18/19 6:58 p.m.

Thanks yall. But dads approval and praise, as well as the time spent with him is going to be almost impossible to top. Worth every second, drop pf blood, and penny. 

Next major job is to make it look presentable. 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/18/19 7:22 p.m.
sleepyhead the buffalo said:

Well, that’s one major step forward towards being ready for challenge; a lot easier to get to some tests/tunes that way... and shake out any lingering issues before then.

Congrats!

You mean it’s probably time to put stuff back together and not keep taking it apart?  

Kramer
Kramer Dork
5/19/19 5:49 a.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy :

One in Carmel at 31 and Main St (or close).  Anderson and Muncie if you go that way.  I thought one in Greenwood, too.  Worth it to buy sandpaper and other consumables. 

Dusterbd13-michael
5/19/19 5:05 p.m.

The duplicolor candy green topcoat is wuerd in how it changes the base color significantly. 

Dusterbd13-michael
5/25/19 5:19 p.m.

Took the car to the small town muscle car meet. It was well recieved. I really need to work on presentation and curb appeal. 

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
5/26/19 2:00 a.m.

Reading this, and I’m smacking myself upside the head... since I’m just now thinking about and realizing that taking your car to car shows is probably a really good way to practice on and refine your “3min challenge pitch” for the concourse”

1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 ... 93

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YYUMGRDL0dVuz51swNUL4ffxLQUILUjqRZCKvRND2gYuydT1ZRTDCzk8OlpaW3EN