rustysteel
rustysteel Reader
10/4/15 6:16 p.m.

There's one coming in at the used car dealer and it will be in on Tuesday. Here's a web pic but it will be the same or similar to this one. One owner, 180km's in great shape. I'll let you know when I test drive it on Tuesday and get some pics.

Is this worth a trade for my Mustang?

\burgundy 968\\">968

mblommel
mblommel GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/4/15 6:49 p.m.

Is it purple?

rustysteel
rustysteel Reader
10/4/15 7:06 p.m.
mblommel wrote: Is it purple?

As far as I know, yes. My daughter will be so happy to see a purple car.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/4/15 7:47 p.m.

the 968 is the best of the 924/944/968 line.. I do not care for it's looks as compared to the last of the 944s.. but it's performance cannot be disputed

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/4/15 7:50 p.m.

I've never seen a hardtop model in real life. Every single one I've seen were convertibles, and red...

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps Dork
10/4/15 8:00 p.m.

I think so

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed SuperDork
10/4/15 8:38 p.m.

I like them a lot. I have always kept an eye out for them but they seem to be either affordable and ratty/trashed or in good condition and expensive, like 911 territory expensive. I agree with the previous poster.........the 944 just looked a little better too. Better proportions or something.

Bruce
Bruce GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/4/15 8:39 p.m.

If you're up for the maintenance and enjoy the looks and driving it, then by all means. Go for it.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/4/15 9:10 p.m.

I have long wanted one. As a teen, I scammed the local Porsche dealer into mailing me a hardcover brochure. Today, they seem pricey to me. With the overlap with 996 prices, I think I'd rather that.

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/4/15 9:28 p.m.

Straight trade? What kind of mustang?

rustysteel
rustysteel Reader
10/4/15 9:37 p.m.
bgkast wrote: Straight trade? What kind of mustang?

My low mileage '88 Mustang LX 5.0L, notchback. Still not sure about letting it go.

jr02518
jr02518 Reader
10/4/15 10:13 p.m.

Yes, make the trade only if you spend some time looking at the cost of parts for the 968.

If the car comes with records all the better. If not, BBW.

It starts with the motor mounts, cam belt, water pump....

pointofdeparture
pointofdeparture GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/4/15 10:28 p.m.
jr02518 wrote: Yes, make the trade only if you spend some time looking at the cost of parts for the 968. If the car comes with records all the better. If not, BBW. It starts with the motor mounts, cam belt, water pump....

^^^ this. The 968 is a breathtaking car, in both good and bad ways...make sure you are well-educated on what they need to keep going before you make the decision, as they are MUCH needier than a Fox body Mustang in just about every way imaginable.

t25torx
t25torx Dork
10/5/15 8:49 a.m.

YES, YES, a thousand times YES. Then I'll buy it from you.

dropstep
dropstep HalfDork
10/5/15 8:52 a.m.

Ill be the guy that says no. Clean fox bodies are so hard to find i hope the people who own them hang onto them. An lx notchback is the most desirable version.

Tyler H
Tyler H GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/5/15 9:00 a.m.

They are appreciating much faster than the Mustang. If you love the color, go for it.

rustysteel
rustysteel Reader
10/5/15 9:34 a.m.

Thanks for all the input, my friend didn't get it - he was outbid at auction. Looked like a good car but service records weren't up to date.

Oh well.

docwyte
docwyte Dork
10/5/15 9:40 a.m.

Nice cars, but with any old German car, it's all about the maintenance and that means oodles of service records....

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fjLUY2xr22AslsABIaG7pjQ872HvvG0xZnrDD8PLRT2J2BMMU5L6GvcwFe0FRAqu