The Staff of Motorsport Marketing
The Staff of Motorsport Marketing Writer
11/2/21 10:32 a.m.
feature_image

Sponsored Content Presented by Summit Racing Equipment.

Love autocross but wish it lasted for a whole week instead of just a weekend? Then Summit Racing Equipment’s Autocross Week presented by UMI Suspension and Hawk Brakes is the event for you.

Scheduled for July 11-15, 2022, the all-new event invites autocrossers to compete at three different tracks–UMI Motorsports Park, Pittsburgh International Race Complex and …

Read the rest of the story

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/2/21 12:10 p.m.

Classic is intriguing. Would I be competitive, no. But would a week's work of autocross be excellent fun, absolutely. 

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
11/2/21 3:43 p.m.

No class where my supercharged Challenge Miata would fit well.  The last rule would get me disqualified......smiley

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UltimaDork
11/2/21 6:54 p.m.

I messaged them.  They will accept my turbo Miata in the boosted class.    It's $500 entry for the week, I'm seriously tempted.

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/2/21 7:14 p.m.

In reply to KyAllroad :

I mean a turbo BP did come available as an NB, close enough. Makes me wish the 323 was together for more turbo fun. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
11/2/21 7:43 p.m.

It's about 1.5 hour from me but I have not autoxed at Dragway 42.  The Akron Sports Car Club holds events there often.  

As a dragstrip, it is grass padocks with paved roads to those padocks.  The autoxing is done on those roads. 

The events are notorious for 3rd gear and high speeds. 

malibuguy
malibuguy GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/2/21 8:10 p.m.

I see no incentive for the E36 M3 I drive

dps214
dps214 Dork
11/2/21 8:25 p.m.
John Welsh said:

The autoxing is done on those roads. 

And sometimes the grass and trees next to the roads.

But for this kind of big event you should really have autocross insurance anyway, so that risk probably isn't as much of a concern as for their normal season events.

captainawesome
captainawesome Dork
11/3/21 3:55 p.m.

With 300 entrants it's going to be some long days to get more than two laps on a course if you are looking to improve times.

Also last rule WTF? :

7. The use of two (2) or more expletives in a single sentence. (you know who you are.)

With that said, I'm tempted.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gi6IQh0kI845s0N4motlDv1KdBVxaragVHZQDbeXVwKiEfFveHKjdjUnY42yHUj2