1 2
JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
9/4/13 10:15 p.m.

Crazy world. You guys are seeing Bryce's dad tomorrow, and we saw Bryce today. He didn't help us out of a jam, though. Unless you consider "having too much candy" being in a jam. He was very nice, though. Hopefully you guys will be functional and back on the road again at 100% soon.

jg

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
9/4/13 11:19 p.m.

We are actually in pretty good shape. That Lucas power streering treatment made a world of difference. Still, I think I will get the pump changed.

The Shelby is running like a freight train through the high desert out here. What a blast!

It is actually quite comfortable too. I love driving out here. perfect vacation for me, but I am a bit strange. Thankfully Margie agreed to this trip as a 30 wedding anniversary present.

She is the best.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/5/13 5:47 a.m.
Woody wrote: *Resisting the urge to give you crap about having a power steering pump in a Shelby Mustang...*

Resisting the urge to give you crap about having air conditioning in a Shelby Mustang...

Glad you're back on the road, though.

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
9/5/13 6:50 a.m.

In reply to Tim Suddard:

based on your recent trip, I'm going to guess that you will drive to Yellowstone next.

first up to Michigan, then northern Idaho to Montana... my life in reverse. Drove from Moscow to Idaho Falls quite a few times taking the same freeways you are doing now- the stretch from CdA to the Montana border is pretty nice, in good weather. Snow is interesting.

have a great drive!

oldopelguy
oldopelguy Dork
9/5/13 7:32 a.m.

Let me know if your return trip takes you across one of the Dakotas and I'll meet you in Fargo or Sioux Falls and buy you lunch.

One of the old Yahoo forums I used to frequent had a nationwide list of members who were willing to help out stranded or broken down members along with the resources each had available and contact information. There was a coordinator who actually had the list and you just called them and who was around would call you back and set something up. Being able to post online from a phone takes the place of a lot of that, but there may be value in a planned trip area to plan ahead for this kind of thing, to meet up in person with each other, and maybe even to move cars or parts around.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
9/5/13 8:30 p.m.

Made it to CdA just fine. Jamie helped me sort some minor things.

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA Dork
9/6/13 3:05 a.m.
Marjorie Suddard wrote: As for the rotator cuff surgery, do it. He's back to nearly 100% after an almost total separation, but does still have some soreness after he works it hard. Key seems to be sticking to the letter of the PT regimen. Margie

The rehab is the key. If Tim doesn't improve the muscle strength in his shoulder, all he'll have is the repaired joint which is not strong enough on its own. At this stage, the pain comes from adhesions and scar tissue. It hurts but the pain means it's healing. Strengthening the muscles around the joint will help hold it in place and support it during stressful activity. Otherwise a second surgery will be in the offing.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
9/7/13 6:07 p.m.

Just wanted to give a shout-out to Jamie Nash, Bryce's dad, who replaced the power steering pump on the Shelby yesterday and was just a generally excellent and helpful guy. Knowing Bryce, we figured he came from good stock. Turns out he does, indeed.

Thanks, Nashes! (Oh, and Bryce, your dad says you're bringing the Honda back to the Challenge next year, and he's coming with. We shall consider that a date.)

Margie

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
9/8/13 12:37 a.m.

interesting, i'm in Bozeman this weekend, are you guys heading through here? we saw four or five morgans this afternoon heading north towards livingston from a little town south of there called Pine Creek, which is in the general direction of Yellowstone.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
9/8/13 7:13 p.m.

Strizzo, We are in Sandy Point, ID tonight. We don't go through Bozeman this year. Tomorrow we head into Canada. Jamie Nash fixed us up big time and Shelby is better than ever with its new power steering pump. Its probably one of the fastest cars on the rally and a hell of a lot of fun out here.

Was thinking of maybe selling it. Have had some serious offers. NOT!!!!

Flattop
Flattop New Reader
9/10/13 3:41 p.m.

Tim glad it is working for you. Like I said there is only one word for that car and that word is Bitchin' . It was great to meet you guys and have an opportunity to work on a well oiled muscle car from the day. With the rich history of the Shelby and the modernization that you have given it. You have me wanting to get my 71 Charger back on the road with a 5.9 Hemi and 727 trans, a little fuel management and some hard work maybe I can hit one of those rallies. Have a great time see you next year at the challenge.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1g5manb7hfHVgtCDOLNHoAXltGgzDe66x2Kv4WvGubtMQGvCd2MLAd60pgzDeehZ