1 2
Capt Slow
Capt Slow Dork
3/25/11 2:54 p.m.
Matt B said: In reply to Capt Slo: Those might be good options. Thanks for pointing those out. However, I'll need to run these year-round, so I'm a little wary to run the really stickies in the winter. Part of me thinks I should just save up for 15's so I have two sets. Not sure if 215/45 is going to rub either. There' really no room between my tire and the front spring perch.

I wouldn't consider the XS as a Stickie, more of a sucky in the cold. For what its worth my experience with them is in an AW11 MR2 that I co-drive, the car is currently set up for STS competition.

The first set we purchased for the car we replaced after a year. We had thought that they had heatcycled out and were not gripping anymore so we replaced them, it turned out that it was the cold (near freezing) December weather not a heatcycled tire that was the cause of our perceived tire problems. I would not classify the tire as dangerous in the wet/cold but certainly not competitive at an autocross.

paul
paul Reader
3/25/11 5:58 p.m.

Out of the ones you listed, I've had the G force sports...

Used them on my impreza RS for DD & autocross use. They wear like iron, fairly stiff sidewall, great hydroplane resistance, very good grip in the dry, reasonable grip in the wet.

White_and_Nerdy
White_and_Nerdy Reader
3/25/11 6:17 p.m.

I liked the Kumho SPTs on my modified Saturn SL2. Especially in the rain - I actually had a chance against others in DSP. I would've put a "pray for rain" magnet on the car but it wouldn't stick to the plastic body panels.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vHU26AvPgsSX9iE6mP81xOAhkgODEs2eTWwaMnl84a7Zip3UyBAo4prKKmoxYRqx