1 2
failboat
failboat HalfDork
8/24/11 12:08 p.m.

i got called and was assured 275/60/15 wouldnt fit the rear of my van. i knew exactly what i was ordering and it fit just fine on the 15x10's.

I rarely decide to input what vehicle I am ordering tires for....only if its absolutely required.

But yea, no issues with my orders, and the ship time is incredible. I have had the same good experience with discount tire direct. When I ordered a wheel and tire package, they included hubcentric rings for free which was cool. Wouldnt be surprised if TR did the same thing but I dont know for certain.

Ian F
Ian F SuperDork
8/24/11 12:16 p.m.
WhiteLX wrote: I wish they would let you search wheels by bolt pattern and offset, or at least show it when you are browsing wheels by manufacturer.

Exactly. Although I guess they make it the way it is so if someboy wants to order something non-standard (like 15x8's for an E30) they want you to call so they're sure you understand what you're buying. I imagine this cuts down on returns.

Still... it would be nice to browse wheels by bolt pattern and off-set, even if you have to call to place the order.

Thanks to their DE warehouse, when I order tires, they usually arrive the next day.

Hal
Hal Dork
8/24/11 12:47 p.m.

Always get exacly what I order. Orders are shipped from their DE warehouse and I get them the next day.

Except for my current order. Order was placed 7/6/11 and I still don't have the tires. Not their fault, 215/50/17 Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires are on national backorder. I have tried all the online tire places and all the local stores. No one has them or can get them!

neckromacr
neckromacr Reader
8/24/11 11:09 p.m.

I got the TR 15x7 originally designed for E30's for my Scirocco, hub centric, very good weight, perfect scrub radius. I wish I had gotten them two sets ago.

They came with some fitment precautions, which were noted, modified for and have really been no issue

Hal wrote: Always get exacly what I order. Orders are shipped from their DE warehouse and I get them the next day. Except for my current order. Order was placed 7/6/11 and I still don't have the tires. Not their fault, 215/50/17 Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires are on national backorder. I have tried all the online tire places and all the local stores. No one has them or can get them!

Conti DWS's are a victim of their own sucsess. They came out just prior to the economy tanking, Continental scales back production so they're not sitting on mass amounts of product, reviews come out and make the DWS more popular than sliced bread. Continetal has been struggling to catch up ever since. I've been awaiting their arrival for the wifey wagon.

I saw TR get good stock in the LA facility and promptly sold out in about 2 days at best.

Gearhead_42
Gearhead_42 Dork
8/25/11 11:57 a.m.

Assuming they don't immediately go on closeout, with "less than 3" available ;-)

Keith wrote: They've actually got their own line of wheels that are a good weight for the price. They do tend to be Miata-centric, but they're available for a bunch of cars. Check out the TR Motorsport line.
neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
10/11/11 3:12 p.m.

Zombie time! Ordered winter wheel/tire combo for my wife's Accord. Had to list it as an LX instead of an EX to get 15" wheels.

So, ordered on the 11th, est. arrival is the 13-14 from Conn. lets see.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
10/11/11 3:26 p.m.
Keith wrote: They've actually got their own line of wheels that are a good weight for the price. They do tend to be Miata-centric, but they're available for a bunch of cars. Check out the TR Motorsport line.

+1, I picked up 8 15x8" 20 ET wheels for my race car for something silly like $70+shipping each on closeout in July with my resellers acct. They are only 13lbs each!

ProDarwin
ProDarwin Dork
10/11/11 3:39 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
+1, I picked up 8 15x8" 20 ET wheels for my race car for something silly like $70+shipping each on closeout in July with my resellers acct. They are only 13lbs each!

Yes, this line of wheels is fantastic.

I have 15x7.5" C1s on my wagon, 17x9" C3s on my S2000. I co-drive a miata that has rains on 15x9" C3s. Another good friend has 18x9.5 MT1s on his ST1

There are two downsides to these wheels:

A) They only come in 3 colors. Silver, Gunmetal, Black

B) In true Tire Rack form - you can't search by size/offset/bolt pattern. You have to pick the vehicle and hope they have it listed in that fitment. The 15x7.5" C1s I have on my SW2 aren't listed for anything other than a Miata or Civic as far as I know. They need a "I assume the risks of improper fitment" button so wheel junkies can search by size.

evildky
evildky Dork
10/11/11 9:51 p.m.

the tire rack employs many ninja's

although once myself and a friend both ordered tires the same day, he paid extra for second day fed ex, I chose ground, mine came the next day, his took 2 days

White_and_Nerdy
White_and_Nerdy HalfDork
10/12/11 8:31 a.m.

I've discovered their secret!!!

soskar
soskar
10/28/11 7:00 p.m.

I have bought at least 5 sets of tires from Tire Rack over the last 6 years and didn't have a problem until the last 3 sets over the last year and a half. No problems with shipping to me. The first problem was with a winter tire package for a 2010 Navigator L. One wheel had a tire pressure sensor monitor that snapped off the band and was ruined in the tire. It took 2 replacements to get one that worked. All this required repeated visits to the local tire shop to dismount and remount after replacing the sensor. Now I bought winter tire and wheel set for 2011 Audi A8L. The fitment was incorrect and bound the rim to the brake caliper making the car immovable. The car now has a shimmy and Audi will have to repair. The customer service person indicated they hadn't had this problem before, only an issue with lug bolts that were too long. She was extremely rude when i wasn't interested in doing the work of packaging up these tires. Including the hauling them back to my house for UPS pickup. If its my mistake, its my dime. if its Tire Racks mistake, its their dime. I have since found out that another set of Blizzak tires for a 2003 Suburban were 3 years old when I received them last year. They work fine, but any tire professional will tell you that the life and safety of the tire is not only based on the remaining tread, but the age of the tire is critical to its safety. So if these Blizzaks only last me three seasons, I guess I'll be OK. I may have bought my last tires from Tire Rack.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 SuperDork
10/28/11 7:34 p.m.

Never had any problems and amazed at shipping times. I wish the turnaround time was the same for the company I work for, I would have so many happy customers, but unfortunately we make our products from scratch and our factory has a small capacity.

I also wish other companies were as efficient as TR. I ordered a set of header's from a higher end exhaust company and it was as if they had to mine the precious metals and do R&D on the product before I ever received it.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IDf4EWkYn2TJRMZyGvxmhogFdtE4V14QtkKsNYqRxWGU1T8lQ3E2oJ8OvNCZkZgx