svxsti
svxsti None
7/6/08 3:24 p.m.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Nitto and Avon test results. I can't seem to find the Falken Toyo test in the online articles. Street Tires: 1. 42.984 Falken Azenis RT-615 2. 43.254 Falken Azenis RT-215 3. 43.287 Yokohama Advan Neova 4. 43.511 Hankook R-S2 Z212 5. 43.762 Kumho Ecsta MX 6. 43.855 BFGoodrich g-force T/A KD

Track Tires: 1. 41.008 Kumho Ecsta V710 2. 41.142 Hoosier A3S05 3. 41.217 Hankook Z214 C70 4. 42.428 Yokohama A032R S

I also found this Japanese video comparing the RE-11(not the OE tire, has anyone seen this asymetric tire in the video that beat the Neova?), R1R, Z1, and Neova: http://www.megavideo.com/?v=BQZECQH0 The R1Rs are disappointing. The Dunlop Z1 Star Spec are #1, but tirerack.com has the F1 Asym' and P Zero surpassing the old Z1. Furthermore, the RE960 had an 87' wet braking and only a .2 second difference in the snow than the Blizzak, so I'm starting to compare A/S tires for their cold temp compound for spring and fall roads in the north.

I just subscribed to the mag because I'm excited about tests of tires the tirerack doesn't sell. I hope the results are comparable to tirerack's and have wet tests. Dry skidpad and wet braking is all I really look at, because driver error doesn't come into play as much. Please notice that tirerack's wet braking results can be over 10 feet different in separate tests (SPT & RE960).

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
7/6/08 4:01 p.m.

We tested the Avon Tech RA a few years ago....You might want to call us about back issues of the last few years worth of tire tests.

svxsti
svxsti New Reader
7/6/08 8:45 p.m.

It's too bad the tests aren't online I guess I didn't pay attention the years on the web pages. Well hopefully I'll see some more tests this year.

svxsti
svxsti New Reader
7/8/08 6:27 p.m.
Per Schroeder wrote: We tested the Avon Tech RA a few years ago....You might want to call us about back issues of the last few years worth of tire tests.

Thanks for the response, doesn't appear to be much traffic here. I wish it was more use friendly.

Out of all the tires you've seen tested what would be the best tire in the rain for a daily driver that could also endure occasional road racing and autox?

The RT615 appear to be to greasy for the street and I'm almost settled on the Star Specs for $117 tire at tires.com.

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
7/9/08 6:05 a.m.

Looks like you just cut and pasted a Consumer Reports test. I'll probably have to delete that.

I wasn't sure what exactly you're looking for in a tire, because the original post mentions both near-slick R-compounds and street tires.

For UHP street tires, the Dunlop Z1 Star Spec is a good choice, as is the Bridgestone RE01R. Depending on the sizing and pricing, those would be my top choices today.

Hankook and Kumho have new stuff on the way....not sure of the eta on those.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jDjwpu08qCMpsfZ3jDmTGra1xyYCct4PXCVOD2XjlVDh7j57FLqwXGPMNXjxj5i7