1 ... 6 7 8
John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
8/24/19 7:39 p.m.
JohnRW1621 said:

I bought the full version ($4.99) of the Android App, Torque because I learned that with the full version you can download special Prius software.
Pretty cool. Aside from things like rpm and coolant I am enjoying the separate voltage readout for each of the 14 hybrid cells as well as a percentage reading the tells your SOC (state of charge) and more.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
8/24/19 7:40 p.m.

In reply to jrflying :

2010 is a Gen3. 

2009 is a Gen2

Gen3s are considered to be better cars and often pull 50 mpg while Gen2s pull 40s. 

Also, the Gen3s tend to cost a bit more. For me, the Gen2s are in the current financial sweet spot of price value. 

I do not know of an Apple app. Just the Torque Pro app I listed above. 

jrflying
jrflying New Reader
8/26/19 10:02 a.m.

jrflying
jrflying New Reader
8/26/19 10:02 a.m.

Should I be worried about these batteries?

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
8/26/19 10:47 a.m.

I would not worry about that voltage.  15.57 to 15.48 is generally the same number.

For Ohms I generally see them to be all the same number but one 27 and one 25 while all others are 26 should be good.  

What is this software?  My ohms readings are more like 9 but I also use different software and have Gen2's while I think this is a Gen3.   I don't know what to expect them to be on a Gen3

EDIT:  

links to some other good Prius threads on GRM:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/learn-me-some-prius/156694/page2/#post2817632

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/anybody-speak-challenge-priced-prius/153766/page1/

jrflying
jrflying New Reader
8/26/19 11:35 a.m.

I was using Dr. Prius app. Batteries came up to 17v after some driving around. I was pretty happy with what I was seeing so we purchased. 2011 red with 127k on it. It’s going to be my MIL’s car. Thanks for the help y’all!

yupididit
yupididit UberDork
9/1/19 8:33 p.m.

I'm trying to get one of these next. I'm hoping to catch one for under 4k in reasonable condition so I can drive it into the ground. I don't have the money yet but window shopping lol

grover
grover HalfDork
9/3/19 9:06 a.m.

John, you’ve just about convinced me to get one of these for my next job in sales. Thank you for keeping up with this thread. 

ronholm
ronholm Dork
9/6/19 2:36 p.m.
jrflying said:

This post really interests me! I hate to thread jack but I am going to look at a 2010 with 142k. What should I look for when giving the car an inspection? Is there an app for iPhone to check the batteries? Thank you so much y’all are the best!

You just need a Bluetooth dongle for the OBD2 port and then many people like the "torque" app.   It really works VERY well and will give you all the info you need and more.   

calteg
calteg Dork
9/6/19 4:48 p.m.
yupididit said:

I'm trying to get one of these next. I'm hoping to catch one for under 4k in reasonable condition so I can drive it into the ground. I don't have the money yet but window shopping lol

You're a savvy genius, because that's exactly what I did. Snapped up a 2013 Prius C with significant hail damage for $3,000. So far, I'm averaging 52mpg over slightly more than 1,000 miles. I was shocked at how much mileage A/C robs you of. I struggle to crack 50mpg with the a/c on, but I can nudge pretty close to 60mpg with it off. Guess I should drop the money for the Torque app...

grover
grover HalfDork
9/6/19 5:01 p.m.
calteg said:
yupididit said:

You're a savvy genius, because that's exactly what I did. Snapped up a 2013 Prius C with significant hail damage for $3,000. So far, I'm averaging 52mpg over slightly more than 1,000 miles. I was shocked at how much mileage A/C robs you of. I struggle to crack 50mpg with the a/c on, but I can nudge pretty close to 60mpg with it off. Guess I should drop the money for the Torque app...

Do these still have the solar roof that allows them to keep ventilation running while the car is parked?

yupididit
yupididit UberDork
9/6/19 5:26 p.m.
calteg said:
yupididit said:

Did yours have a clean title? 

calteg
calteg Dork
9/6/19 5:28 p.m.
yupididit said:
calteg said:
yupididit said:

Did yours have a clean title? 

Yup,  though it did show an accident from when the owner filed an insurance claim.

grover said:
calteg said:
yupididit said:

Do these still have the solar roof that allows them to keep ventilation running while the car is parked?

I believe that's only on the high tim levels of the full sized prius. I don't think the Prius C has enough roof real estate. 

yupididit
yupididit UberDork
9/6/19 5:33 p.m.

In reply to calteg :

Damn I need to find that kind of deal! 

calteg
calteg Dork
9/6/19 5:46 p.m.
yupididit said:

In reply to calteg :

Seller was a hippie that was leaving on a "vision quest."  I suspect he took KBB, subtracted whatever the insurance payout was, and slapped it up on CL for that amount. Fun facts for those of you considering the Prius C:  The hybrid batteries put out less than one kilowatt. The gas motor is rated at a ground pounding 99hp. This thing is S-L-O-W, even by Prius standards. I feel like the magic of the prius is less about the hybrid tech, and more about how the interface trains you to be okay with being a rolling chicane. 

yupididit
yupididit UberDork
9/6/19 8:08 p.m.
calteg said:
yupididit said:

In reply to calteg :

Seller was a hippie that was leaving on a "vision quest."  I suspect he took KBB, subtracted whatever the insurance payout was, and slapped it up on CL for that amount. Fun facts for those of you considering the Prius C:  The hybrid batteries put out less than one kilowatt. The gas motor is rated at a ground pounding 99hp. This thing is S-L-O-W, even by Prius standards. I feel like the magic of the prius is less about the hybrid tech, and more about how the interface trains you to be okay with being a rolling chicane. 

Remember that 7.3 excursion I drove to your place back in 2017? That's what I'm currently daily driving. Slow, loud, and rough. I'll take rolling chicane lol

calteg
calteg Dork
9/7/19 10:36 a.m.

After the apocalypse, all that will exist is dust, echoes, and the 7.3L diesel

1 ... 6 7 8
Our Preferred Partners
VG31nkOObxgwDmZhaC6U1fUrgM3jM99L9pM1s4GjTnI87uitIMzAADGhiQUFZDHd