JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
8/6/19 3:27 p.m.
feature_image

It’s movie night! We’ll go through our recent video archives and share some of the cooler things we’ve seen. we’ve got in-car video from project cars, grid walks from the Nürburgring, feature cars and some surprises.

Join us for the interactive discussion on Grassroots Motorsports LIVE! Presented by CRC Industries on the Grassroots Motorsports Facebook Page and YouTube Channel at 9 p.m. Eastern, tonight night and …

Read the rest of the story

johndej
johndej HalfDork
8/6/19 4:58 p.m.

I'm interested in your take on this but not sure I'll be free to watch live. Any chance it'll be replayed?

I've been trying to get some friends out but they've got newish cars and are completely convinced they're"hurting" them by even autocrossing. I think really they just don't wanna be actually timed against a beater Miata wink

Jordan Rimpela
Jordan Rimpela Digital Editor
8/6/19 7:23 p.m.

In reply to johndej :

Hey John, since we broadcast live on both Facebook and YouTube, they stay there, archived. You can absolutely watch them later. 

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
8/7/19 7:27 a.m.

Almost killed my car- a fire started when a fuel vapor line melted, and sprayed fuel vapor all over hot brakes....  

But other than that- the car was amazing on the track for the 15 years we tracked it.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/7/19 8:25 a.m.

If you prepare your car for higher speeds and temps, mechanically it should be fine.

I'm guessing that hitting a barrier at speed or making solid contact with another vehicle will kill your car no matter where you are.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
8/7/19 11:48 a.m.

For those scoring along at home, yes, we changed the topic for tonight. We're still going to do "Will your track car blow up," soon, but we had a manpower issue with our regular camera op, so e stuck in a clip show. It's still going to be awesome. Trust me.

Jordan Rimpela
Jordan Rimpela Digital Editor
8/7/19 11:48 a.m.

Slight change, same great taste!

spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/7/19 12:00 p.m.
JG Pasterjak said:

For those scoring along at home, yes, we changed the topic for tonight. We're still going to do "Will your track car blow up," soon, but we had a manpower issue with our regular camera op, so e stuck in a clip show. It's still going to be awesome. Trust me.

I wondered. makes sense for the change though. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8TOri4uFxZhic88COVdgn4dXZsIsXBLbgyoDHwR3ClTb7krmb4GUfphcNnTnbpjF