JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
7/10/19 8:16 a.m.
feature_image

Car enthusiasts know that each type of engine has its own aural signature. But beyond the nuts, bolts, pistons, cams and ports, we wanted to know what made those sounds unique from an audio perspective, and what draws us to certain engine notes as an instant signal of performance and power. Matthew Setzer is a professional musician, audio designer sound …

Read the rest of the story

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/17/19 2:59 p.m.

So... I finally got a chance to sit down and watch this, and... No audio from Matthew Setzer? Did it get fixed later in the show? I watched for a couple of minutes, but I was totally confused about the lack of sound from the guest, and the lack of recognition that there was no sound...

It's a great question, and I was pretty excited to hear the discussion!

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
7/17/19 4:01 p.m.
Ransom said:

So... I finally got a chance to sit down and watch this, and... No audio from Matthew Setzer? Did it get fixed later in the show? I watched for a couple of minutes, but I was totally confused about the lack of sound from the guest, and the lack of recognition that there was no sound...

It's a great question, and I was pretty excited to hear the discussion!

Oh yeah. We fixed that about 90 seconds in. Audio was a little wonky for a few of the samples, but we got it straightened out pretty quick.

Problem with live broadcasting is everything works great when you test it pre-show, then as soon as you hit that live button the crap hits the fan and you're fixing things on the fly. We recovered just fine, though. It's a cool show.

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/17/19 5:22 p.m.

In reply to JG Pasterjak :

Aw, man... I clearly wandered off at the last possible moment before it was fixed. Looking forward to it!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JrIR9LzvAOuU7bBjlJ44qoERQJpANxqfUoWYcNJy6gzthV8dLnxa6PqFrA7Pvmhr