AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/20/22 11:40 p.m.

So I hate the shiny look on all things.  I'm slowly blacking out all the shiny parts on my Civic.  Wheels will happen eventually.  They will probably happen sooner than later unless I try plastidip on the stockers.  I hate to ditch the stock tires before wearing them out since this is a commuter, but that might happen too.  Or I could keep them as a winter set. 

I'm considering some flow formed choices from Enkei or Konig (figure 1k a set), or do I go all in and get Rays Gram Lights at $1600ish a set.  Will Rays wheels survive commuting?    Decisions...

Oh and happy 70,000 topics to GRM!  This place is a variety of car craziness. 

kevinatfms
kevinatfms GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/21/22 9:12 a.m.

Konig wheels are always really nice for the money. They are also easy to get if you happen to have a boo-boo during your commute. If you ding a Gram Light, how hard is it to get another one?

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/21/22 10:08 a.m.

I'm disappointed that this wasn't about wheels that were worth $70,000.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/21/22 10:37 a.m.

In reply to Javelin :

Sames.

Next issue of GRM–currently on the way but available now to GRM+ subscribers–contains a wheel buyer's guide plus several tech pieces about wheels. Because love wheels. :)

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/21/22 10:39 a.m.
David S. Wallens said:

In reply to Javelin :

Sames.

Next issue of GRM–currently on the way but available now to GRM+ subscribers–contains a wheel buyer's guide plus several tech pieces about wheels. Because love wheels. :)

You should do a post with your collection. 
edit: maybe I shouldn't be making up tasks for you!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/21/22 10:45 a.m.

I'm guessing you saw this, but the wheel specs for our 2019 Civic Si can be found here

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
6/21/22 10:55 a.m.

Gram lights will survive almost anything you throw at them. Even out here in SoCal with our horrible roads. 

Also they have a ton of used vale so if you well them off after you put your car back to stock it will likely work out cheaper then buying the konigs. 

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/21/22 11:31 a.m.

Another vote for the gram lights. They are stout wheels and most importantly, as weary mentions, they hold value. 

I sold mine's for exactly what I paid for after a year of use, I did that twice.  

6/21/22 4:52 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

This won't be the last time I disappoint you, but your post did make me smile.  I saw a set of HREs for $7000 but that's just too much.  

6/21/22 4:55 p.m.

Weary and slippery you guys make great points. about strength and resale.  You are right used other wheels aren't worth much.  My commute is mikes but it's largely smooth and curb free.  I will very likely not hurt a wheel but you never know.  Deer are a real concern though.

Now I need to decide if I want gun blue or gloss black with rallye red, and then 5 or 6 spoke DRs. I did black emblems and am covering the chrome window trim soon.  

Rays has a black center cap with a red highlighted logo, so that's easy.  

I'm leaning to gun blue to prevent a too much black and red issue.  It'll break things up some.

Our Preferred Partners
e6EpOLKKQtAaLtjWRaob0os1O45RIkESiDBtm7cgj48woGBZ9FhphCamZEGhN5oS