JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
4/22/20 12:43 p.m.
feature_image

Sometimes it pays to wait. A little while back, we spotted a used A.R.E. topper for our 2010 Toyota Tundra on our local Craigslist for $700.

After about five weeks of seeing it relisted over and over, we decided it was time to spring into action, offer in hand. But first we happened to check our local Facebook Marketplace, where we found …

Read the rest of the story

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/22/20 4:06 p.m.

What are the odds, right? 

$400 is a steal for a shell like that. Around here (PNW) that's at least a grand.

old_
old_ HalfDork
4/22/20 5:45 p.m.

Before I clicked the thread I said to myself "I bet they found one in a matching color". Seems like it always works out that way for everyone but me laugh

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/22/20 5:55 p.m.

In reply to old_ :

I know, right? If it was black, it would have still worked here. But, no, it was the same metallic dirt color. 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/22/20 6:25 p.m.

Score galore!

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
4/22/20 6:43 p.m.
old_ said:

Before I clicked the thread I said to myself "I bet they found one in a matching color". Seems like it always works out that way for everyone but me laugh

I was kind of hoping for one of the commercial types with the toolboxes build into the sides, but thing thing kept getting relisted on CL for an already reasonable price, and I kind of eventually came to the realization that I was an idiot to pass up a color-matched shell five miles away. 

HopmanJones
HopmanJones New Reader
4/23/20 7:26 a.m.

This cost me a whopping $20 (including Yakima bars and mounts), with help from having a lot of patience and Facebook marketplace's algorithms knowing what I wanted. I wouldn't call it mint, but there's nothing a little spray paint won't fix. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VBN1HZnjOGyWp7QMCTqjBAZTW6Ctzvb8hcP18IwgrvdVnYndNe3U7WQ0y24Fp0q5