rustysteel
rustysteel Reader
1/19/16 8:46 p.m.

My '08 Justa a Cooper' is sitting at 161kms and a '10 Cooper is coming in at my favourite used car dealer. This one only has 70kms on it and it's a Camden edition...whatever. I'm tempted but i was looking for something larger with growing kids. F it and keep making the Mini work, the RAV4 is still the the family wagon. I'll post pics when I get them.

unevolved
unevolved SuperDork
1/19/16 9:48 p.m.

A '10 turbo? That's a pre-LCI motor, isn't it?

Klayfish
Klayfish UltraDork
1/20/16 5:59 a.m.
rustysteel wrote: I'm tempted but i was looking for something larger with growing kids.

I think you kind of answered your own question right there. I had an R56 and it was not a place for kids to be...the back seat had near zero leg room. What about a Clubman?

rustysteel
rustysteel Reader
1/20/16 6:28 a.m.
unevolved wrote: A '10 turbo? That's a pre-LCI motor, isn't it?

Not a turbo JustaCooper. The N18 engines didn't come out until '12, this is the infamous N14. Yes a Clubman might be the answer, just need to find one.

rustysteel
rustysteel Reader
1/21/16 1:40 p.m.

Cleaned up the '10 MINI Cooper Camden today, it's in great shape but I need to find something bigger. Here's a pic:

<a href="DSC_0008">R56 Camden

MCarp22
MCarp22 Dork
1/21/16 2:07 p.m.

What the hell is a camden you ask?

https://www.youtube.com/embed/bZSGcouX5Sc

Klayfish
Klayfish UltraDork
1/21/16 6:26 p.m.

Seems to me you'd be trading like for like. If you want something a bit bigger, but still fun look at things like the Fiesta ST or Focus ST. As a former R56 S owner and current Focus ST owner, I can tell you that you'd like them.

rustysteel
rustysteel Reader
3/13/16 7:00 p.m.

A quick update - The Camden sold a while back but there's a '10 MINI Cooper Clubman 'S' coming in with really low km's (22000) and my R56 'JustaCooper' hit 162000km's this week. As much as I was deciding against another MINI this one may be too good to resist. Should be coming into the used car dealer I work at this week so I will have some pics soon. I could probably trade my MINI and pick up this one under $10k (Canadian). Plus with the extra room, the kids should fit for another few years. Not that colour matters but it's British Racing Green, a colour I originally wanted when I bought my MINI.

rustysteel
rustysteel Reader
3/23/16 5:52 p.m.

Here's a pic. It was a mess when it came in and has plenty of scratches and a dent by the passenger headlight but these issues are getting fixed. I like it but I'm having trouble convincing my wife it's a good idea to get another MINI. I let you know how negotiations go...

<a href="DSC_0029">Clubman S

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DlhXmTBW9kPsYMhiyRx8wBaw2BucklDuEsibtivUVeqDW6k24bgPeC7ztTb8HiLW