1 2 3
wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/26/19 6:48 p.m.

I've been bouncing the idea around, too.

J-series Honda/Acura is the only way in my book. Check out AEM and API for engine management.

Api has been putting them in sand rails, and can feflash the factory computer to eliminate TPMS, airbag, Emissions, etc, etc. They recommend the auto harness be used, and will modify it, and send it back with feflashed ecu for $450. I seriously want to know if they can do the same to a 6-speed TL ecu and harness.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
1/26/19 8:57 p.m.

For the J series you want to find one from a TL because helical diff. 

mbirt said:

The Saab 2.8t mentioned above is a High Feature V6, thus the F40 manual trans used in that application can be mated to a 330hp, 330 lb, $500 LFX (search 2013+ Equinox/Impala on car-part). 

HOWEVER, there is a GM bellhousing dowel pin spacing trick you can exploit to use a cheap, strong, and plentiful F23 transmission, likely from a Quad 4 Cavalier. Check this out: http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/137446.html

The list of places to find an F23 is lengthy.  You can also use the F35 trans (usually mated to turbo ecotec stuff).  It can be found with a helical diff in it.

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/27/19 9:24 a.m.

In reply to wheelsmithy :

Calling my own misinformation-

I'm doing a bit more J-series research, and that $450 number looks wildly inaccurate. I'm not sure where I got that, and don't want to give anyone false hope.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
j3gn2asESIVaoOWgNus5NalK7zv5ypp83fcM3fjPZVSBKiGFAEiPLSh1Qg1qljqT