1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
12/27/16 5:48 a.m.
Sine_Qua_Non wrote: I would love to own an AMC Gremlin. They look awesome.

The Molvo could have been a Pacer and I would have been happy.

Rufledt
Rufledt UltraDork
12/27/16 10:02 a.m.

Willys Fleetvan. Would post pic but can't figure out how to hot link on this phone

sesto elemento
sesto elemento SuperDork
12/27/16 10:07 a.m.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
12/27/16 10:09 a.m.

In reply to Rufledt:

But that's amazing:

kanaric
kanaric Dork
12/27/16 10:27 a.m.

RWD Peugeots. Like the 504 and 505. Particularly this car with a V6:

I do a lot of car talk with my dad, if I even hinted that I was after one of these I would get massive E36 M3 talk in my direction lmao.

slantvaliant
slantvaliant UltraDork
12/27/16 12:19 p.m.

Herbie's friend, Giselle:

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
12/27/16 12:21 p.m.

A Kia Soul. Don't tell anyone. I think they look good.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy PowerDork
12/27/16 12:40 p.m.

I'm surprised that I haven't commented in this thread yet.

There are a lot of odd and unappreciated cars that I would like to try out, most of them would be appreciated here.

I'm not so sure about this one: the Pontiac Aztek, must be AWD. There are unconfirmed Rumours that the SC 3800 will fit under that hood. Aztec+ SC 3800= Aztec warrior.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
12/27/16 12:42 p.m.

I've had a lust after a hummer h2 as of late. Even in a red Republican merica state like florida, theyre scarce, and the soft gooey inside is usually a douche. But I can't argue with a truck that capable in Stock form.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/27/16 1:19 p.m.
mndsm wrote: I've had a lust after a hummer h2 as of late. Even in a red Republican merica state like florida, theyre scarce, and the soft gooey inside is usually a douche. But I can't argue with a truck that capable in Stock form.

Yikes! Lots of Jews retire to Florida. Changed that cause you're not a bad person, and that's not what you meant.

Chris_V
Chris_V UberDork
12/27/16 1:22 p.m.
Knurled wrote: In fact, it is my opinion that all Azteks should be really bright colors. Butt ugly is their thing, you shouldn't downplay your strengths, you should showcase them.

Compared to modern crossovers, I think they were simply ahead of their time and would fit in quite well if the second gens (with the body colored cladding) were introduced right now...

chuckles
chuckles HalfDork
12/27/16 9:01 p.m.

Studebaker Hawk.

LanEvo
LanEvo GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/27/16 9:26 p.m.

I secretly want an early Viper.

I know they're cheesy, handle like crap, are crap to drive, and are generally crap. And I'm 41. And overweight. So, um ... yeah.

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/27/16 10:24 p.m.

I find myself occasionally looking at medium duty trucks lately. I have absolutely zero practical use for one, but that's of no concern. I just want a big commercial diesel and lots of gears in the tranny and a flatbed on back. Something like this.

NGTD
NGTD UberDork
12/27/16 11:00 p.m.

88 Fiero GT with a Quad 4 swapped in and hang a turbo on it!

What GM should have let Pontiac build.

M030
M030 Dork
12/28/16 4:25 a.m.
Jay wrote: Speaking of seating, I'm starting to like LeBaron convertibles in a bad way, almost entirely because of them. Just look at that and tell me you wouldn't want to go crusing in it. *Tell me, I dare you.* That said this is nowhere *near* the first car I've crushed on because of the interior. I'll take mine with a turbo and you BETTER believe it'd have a digi dash.

In reply to Jay:

I had a 93 that I bought as a joke for $178, at a sealed-bid auction and I rocked it as a DD for five years. They are far better than people give them credit for. Torsional rigidity of a wet noodle, but who doesn't think it's funny when the doors pop open going over train tracks? That aside, it was a damn good car and never left me stranded, and because of the droptop, was even kind of fun to drive.

M030
M030 Dork
12/28/16 6:10 a.m.

I also really want a ratty Corvair convertible on a G-body chassis

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/28/16 6:13 a.m.

In reply to M030:

That would be really difficult, Corvairs are very unibody, aren't they?

True confession: I want a street rod with an inline-six flathead.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/28/16 8:21 a.m.
chiodos wrote: Ive always wanted a grumman llv, the mail trucks. Weird lust for one since a little kid with matchbox cars, maybe an ecotec turbo with manual or do something dumb with the iron duke, or the obvious ls but yeah, I don't tell many people ive always wanted a mail truck

I have wanted this. I also figured out that the entire driveline from a C5 should be put under it.

Gary
Gary Dork
12/28/16 8:39 a.m.

I started going to Italy on business trips in the nineties and the new gen Fiat Multipla really grew on me. Fiat Multipla My Italian colleagues laughed and thought I was nuts. I even toured the assembly line at the Mirafiori factory outside Turin in 2009 on official business. I suppose some of the earliest of the new gen cars could now be legally brought here, but I doubt they will.

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock UltimaDork
12/28/16 8:42 a.m.

I really am infatuated with the big full size two door American cars from the early seventies.

I think Chrysler did them best.

Stick a reliable modern drivetrain in one and just cruise around the country.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon PowerDork
12/28/16 8:44 a.m.

I'm currently lusting for a CH200T as a daily, but I don't want to tell my friends that it is a Prius in drag.

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UltraDork
12/28/16 12:46 p.m.

In reply to Nick (Bo) Comstock:

Pretty much just add a TBI EFI system and a better alternator and you are 95% of the reliability of any modern car. Big block Mopar plus 727 won't ever leave you stranded, unless you run out of gas.

Sanchinguy
Sanchinguy New Reader
12/28/16 4:10 p.m.

Other than y'all, none of my peeps around here are gearheads. The cars I lust after - Caterham 7, Saab 96, a rally prepped Datsun 510, a TVR 2500M, a Porsche 914 2.0, a 1971 Olds Cutlas SX convertible - might as well be alien spacecraft to them.

EvanR
EvanR SuperDork
12/28/16 5:11 p.m.

I have an unfulfillable craving for a Subaru Justy.

There is no valid reason for this.

1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SFyLtKVMfnzrEKKb36dfDyYplHClESERAkN1UumyoDGjRuZ2COOLZ5VB63KQNRuM