1 ... 6 7 8 9
68TR250
68TR250 Reader
1/5/17 10:53 a.m.

A 64-66 Studebaker is what I always look for in the classifieds.

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
1/5/17 11:27 p.m.

80s Mopar M-body

M030
M030 Dork
1/8/17 5:04 p.m.

I went out and bought one of mine: a 94 V6 Camaro. Now, if I weren't just so bald, it would be mullet time!

bmwwebb
bmwwebb New Reader
1/8/17 6:10 p.m.

AMC Gremlin or Ford Maverick are always on my search list..

Brian
Brian MegaDork
1/15/17 8:09 a.m.

By GRM standards, I'm an outlier now. I want a 'glass body hot rod. It is a debate between a T bucket or a '32.

D2W
D2W Reader
1/16/17 5:11 p.m.
Brian wrote: By GRM standards, I'm an outlier now. I want a 'glass body hot rod. It is a debate between a T bucket or a '32.

Make it a Track T

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/16/17 6:14 p.m.

I find myself thinking, you know, a short wheelbase dragster probably could be easily towed behind the Volvo if I rigged a towbar such that it held the front wheels off the ground. Make the thing its own trailer, as it were. Or, heck, just incorporate the ball reciever thingy into the nose, make it part of the frame.

Of course, for lightness' and simplicity's sake, it'd have to be rotary powered.

M030
M030 Dork
1/16/17 6:31 p.m.

In reply to Knurled:

I think your idea is quite cool, and you should build it. I want to build a rotary-powered Bradley GT for autocross

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/16/17 7:05 p.m.

One day if like to build a ridiculous show rod. Either a hook and ladder fire truck or a tanker done up like a Hess gas truck. Something really over the top with two front axles using little Tyrell style tired and an old school Hemi in the back connected to an overcomplicated IRS.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/16/17 7:18 p.m.
Knurled wrote: I find myself thinking, you know, a short wheelbase dragster *probably* could be easily towed behind the Volvo if I rigged a towbar such that it held the front wheels off the ground. Make the thing its own trailer, as it were. Or, heck, just incorporate the ball reciever thingy into the nose, make it part of the frame. Of course, for lightness' and simplicity's sake, it'd have to be rotary powered.

HAMB gas rail. Although to be HA/GR legal, the rotary would have to go.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
1/16/17 7:21 p.m.
Wall-e wrote: One day if like to build a ridiculous show rod. Either a hook and ladder fire truck or a tanker done up like a Hess gas truck. Something really over the top with two front axles using little Tyrell style tired and an old school Hemi in the back connected to an overcomplicated IRS.

I imagine this having true ladder bars. You know, from ladders.

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 UltraDork
1/16/17 7:53 p.m.

I've dream-built a street rod in my head with the engine side showing and the headers (stainless of course) sticking out, 6 on each side meaning a V12. Maybe Jag, maybe something else but V12. Hide the top of the engine with a fairing going to a long hood scoop stretching between the firewall and the grill, opening above the grill. Independent suspension on both ends and built to turn well. Flared fenders over wide wheels. Body choice would have to be something that would blend all this together.

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/16/17 8:18 p.m.

Donk

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/16/17 8:21 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: HAMB gas rail. Although to be HA/GR legal, the rotary would have to go.

No sale!

I work on piston engines at my day job, often hairly ones. Having to replace a set of $1200 lifters every couple thousand miles because they just wear out that fast would freak me right the heck out. I like building an engine and then it just plain works for a long long time.

Problem: Yes, I know camshafts exist that don't eat lifters. But I couldn't morally use those because that would be leaving a whole lot of awesome on the table. Morally meaning, if too much is good than excessive is almost enough.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/16/17 9:55 p.m.

That only to be HA/GR legal. Your don't have to follow any rules in hotrodding.

Capt Slow
Capt Slow Dork
1/25/17 12:17 p.m.

By GRM standards its probably not all that weird, but I really would not mind an AMC Rebel just like this:

Opti
Opti HalfDork
1/27/17 1:50 p.m.

you guys have ruined my taste and now i lust after what i would have considered pedestrian cars. Hell i was googling what a Geo Gsi, or whatever yall were talking about earlier in the thread, that wouldnt have happened a few years ago.

Some of the ones my friends consider weird, something with an F2T, miata, isuzu impulse, discovery 2, most 500 and up mercs, 540i, most sporty versions of 80s and 90s appliances, sho. list goes on and on. pretty much every visit to GRM means a googling of a random car i never considered.

things I love that my friends understand but think are misguided.

LT1 everything, LT5 ZR1, C4 corvette.

I also have a strong desire for turbo noises and fender exit exhaust, been running around with these street racers too much

Fitzauto
Fitzauto Dork
1/27/17 1:56 p.m.

Some "Stance" cars. There are a few that I really really like.

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/27/17 3:15 p.m.
Fitzauto wrote: Some "Stance" cars. There are a few that I really really like.

I can honestly say I know what you mean.

The0retical
The0retical Dork
1/27/17 4:58 p.m.
Fitzauto wrote: Some "Stance" cars. There are a few that I really really like.

I've got a hardon for an Aimgain VIP Style GS430 at the moment.

I was seriously debating selling the MS3 to fund one. Put it on air and add a supercharger...

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man SuperDork
1/27/17 6:49 p.m.

In reply to The0retical:

You do not want to know how hilariously obtainable components are to 5 speed swap the gen before that, provided the car in question has the 2JZ. Colorado AR5, R154 to JZ bellhousing, Soarer pedal box, 2JZ flywheel, Blazer clutch disc, 7M Supra pressure plate, a shifter, and an ECU tune or Megasquirt to get everything working happily.

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/27/17 8:01 p.m.

Miata....

...but it would have to be completely customized. Flared, wide-body, hardtop, NA with a Flyin' turbo and tall guy seat bracket.

Claff
Claff Reader
1/27/17 8:14 p.m.

During one of my many fits of unemployment/underemployment I took a job for a limo company driving people to and from airports and the like. As the newbie low man on the totem pole I got stuck with the older cars, late '80s/early '90s Cadillac Fleetwood Broughams. I hated the older 4.9 cars, but they were pretty beat up relatively speaking. As I got better I'd get the '92 with the 350, real wire wheels, kick ass stereo, etc.

One time I got to take the "new car" which was a year-old 1996 Fleetwood Brougham. So big, so round, but so nice. That would hands-down be my first choice to take on a cross-country roadie: quiet, comfortable, deceptively fast. I still wouldn't mind one, though I have no use for it.

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Dork
1/27/17 8:24 p.m.

I want a first gen. Saturn SC2.

I also think it would be real fun to buzz around in a 3 cyl. Geo Metro hatch like the one my dad had when I was a kid.

And I think the egg shaped Taurus wagons from the late 90s are sexy... That one I can't explain.

gsims
gsims New Reader
1/28/17 7:22 a.m.

My dad bought a new 87 turbo Daytona. I loved all the turbo and Shelby dodge offerings back then. One of my faves I never see on the road at all in any form. Shelby shadow

[URL=http://s70.photobucket.com/user/gsimsmcf/media/Mobile%20Uploads/1987-dodge-shadow-shelby-csx-1.jpg.html][/URL]

1 ... 6 7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vz5YePKrsznSc34p9ACi82KINoMerpKComqyGAeaVE12dOUOfF78olaProBvDYDJ