1 2
bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 New Reader
7/15/11 12:47 p.m.

How's the glare on any of these other tablets? We've got a 1st gen. iPad (not a fan) and it is not something I'd want to rely on for any critical gages on a sunny day.

• Lee
ppddppdd
ppddppdd Reader
7/15/11 1:15 p.m.

Anti-glare screen protectors help, but don't be wearing your polarized sunglasses.

miatame
miatame HalfDork
7/15/11 1:17 p.m.

Tunerstudio's is for sure awesome. I REALLY wish we had it when we turbocharged the Jeep before the drag runs last year...man that would have taken the pucker factor out of those runs. It wasn't a matter of if the engine would blow but when...luckily it didn't.

Once we got a few autoX runs using TS it ran 100x better! It is so cool to see it auto correct, hit a button to load the corrected tune, engine stutters for a second, then bam, running better.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde HalfDork
7/15/11 2:11 p.m.

This whole discussion really makes me want to run a MS on something. all I've got is a riding mower though.

Hmmmmm........

Taiden
Taiden HalfDork
7/15/11 2:31 p.m.

Riding mower + GT12 + home ported heads + MS3

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
7/21/11 3:16 p.m.

So, how does Tuner Studio's auto tune compare with the old MegaTune auto tune? Same, better, what?

ditchdigger
ditchdigger Dork
7/21/11 3:53 p.m.

Well for one it works! I could never get the megatune version to do anything but say "Turning point out of range"

It is pretty much a version of megalogviewer analyzer that works in real time.

It works well enough to seem like some sort of wonderful magic. A rough map to totally driveable in under 10 minutes. Damn near perfect in 45.

Duke
Duke SuperDork
7/21/11 4:07 p.m.

OK, this is making me want to ditch the Link in the Manic Miata and go to MS. I would love to simplify this car and increase my support options.

JoeTR6
JoeTR6 New Reader
7/23/11 9:40 p.m.

Good info. I'm reading up on how to set up a MS3 on a TR6 with ITBs. The hardware doesn't scare me, but I'm a little worried about the tuning. $40 doesn't sound like much to ask for good software.

SkinnyG
SkinnyG HalfDork
7/23/11 10:16 p.m.

Skip trying to make Speed-Density work with ITB's, and just go straight to Alpha-N. Once you go there, the tuning isn't as bad as you think. You'll want a solid TPS signal though - the stock GSXR one I initially used was a piece of epileptic poo.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/4/11 1:15 a.m.

Speaking of TunerStudio and ITBs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps9jrugupPg

Here's mine. MS1, so no blended tuning for me yet :)

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
A90cdU65HnQXn7jT7JDTK9SWcWUGwfkPYql2IxuQmNJ3df2DkOYl0pbhfZHkhGbp