4/1/13 9:02 a.m.
bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/1/13 9:04 a.m.

I'll take 7, one for each day of the week

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Dork
4/1/13 9:04 a.m.

There can't be a market for this beyond the realm of GRM, can there?

mtn
mtn PowerDork
4/1/13 9:05 a.m.

Happy Day. Notice the date of said happy day.

Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar Associate Editor
4/1/13 9:06 a.m.
JohnInKansas wrote: There can't be a market for this beyond the realm of GRM, can there?

Have you noticed the date stamp on your posts?

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Dork
4/1/13 9:06 a.m.
Alan Cesar wrote: Everything you ever wanted has now been announced: http://www.media.subaru.com/newsrelease.do;jsessionid=AA63148137A6BEA34A048D657CA75BDC?&id=432&allImage=1&teaser=subaru-surrenders-confirms-awd-turbo-convertible-two-seater&mid=1

Do not want. If only it was a manual-equipped convertible AWD diesel wagon....

RossD
RossD UberDork
4/1/13 9:07 a.m.

Remember when Toyota bought the Oldsmobile name?

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
4/1/13 9:08 a.m.
RossD wrote: Remember when Toyota bought the Oldsmobile name?

Not so funny now looking back, is it?

Mmadness
Mmadness Reader
4/1/13 9:23 a.m.

"Do not want. If only it was a manual-equipped convertible AWD diesel wagon...."

Unfortunately, they save the good stuff for Europe.

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter UberDork
4/1/13 9:37 a.m.
JohnInKansas wrote: There can't be a market for this beyond the realm of GRM, can there?

There shouldn't be a market for this within the realm of GRM. An AWD BRZ is just... silly. After you either push the motor forward enough of up enough to make room for a front diff, you've ruined the weight balance and/or CoG of that car.

Now, make a 2/3 door WRX, and I'll think that's cool. With the WRX getting divorced from the Impreza, maybe a WRX that doesn't have to lug around extraneous doors is a possibility.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
4/1/13 10:05 a.m.
Swank Force One wrote:
RossD wrote: Remember when Toyota bought the Oldsmobile name?
Not so funny now looking back, is it?

I was going to say... hasn't toyota just turned into the modern day Oldsmobile? I think the last non-Octagenarian I've seen driving a new Toyota was a soccer mom in a Sienna and to be honest, it's quite possible it was Grandma instead of mom.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/1/13 10:08 a.m.
Mmadness wrote: "Do not want. If only it was a manual-equipped convertible AWD diesel wagon...." Unfortunately, they save the good stuff for Europe.

Friend of mine has one of them (Legacy turbodiesel wagon). Pretty nice car and pulls rather well.

NOHOME
NOHOME Dork
4/1/13 10:36 a.m.

SUBARU SURRENDERS AND CONFIRMS AWD TURBO CONVERTIBLE TWO-SEATER DIESEL HYBRID BRZ

APRIL FOOLS 2013

Cherry Hill, N.J., - Bowing to continued media and internet speculation, Subaru of America has confirmed that it will launch an AWD Twin-Turbo Convertible two-seater Diesel Hybrid BRZ for sale in 2015.

bludroptop
bludroptop SuperDork
4/1/13 11:04 a.m.
Mmadness wrote: Unfortunately, they save the good stuff for Europe.

Link to BMW press release

jstein77
jstein77 Dork
4/1/13 11:16 a.m.

"The AWD Turbo Convertible two-seater Diesel Hybrid BRZ will come in a single color, noseeum black and will be hand produced at Subaru’s Brigadoon facility."

April fools!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PZDTbRW7eP6abTK99N7iP4s2SGP94K1cXfPAFZRdq5VmApXvZk5o1xcQOFg7vT9n