Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder PowerDork
8/25/08 12:09 p.m.
feature_image

We installed a Quaife ATB performance differential from Autotech Driveline in our Neon ACR's transmission. The Quaife is one of the few limited slip differentials available for the Dodge's transaxle.

The Quaife set us back almost double what we paid for the car. On the other hand, it also doubled the amount of traction we'll get, plus it's got a …

Read the rest of the story

jamesp
jamesp New Reader
8/25/08 4:33 p.m.

Don't mention that over at specialstage.com! You'll get an endless tirade on why Quaife sucks for rally.

Personally I love mine, I have one in the Neon(s) and in my new super-secret Rallycross weapon. Quaife + cheap Snowtrakkers = FTD at many a snowy Rallycross in Nebraska region.

So, is this thing going to be Nationals bound?

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder PowerDork
8/25/08 5:08 p.m.

Yea, or rallyanarchy.com as well. The flipside is that there's nothing else out there.

I'm trying to get it built for Tom to take to Rallycross Nats. I'll be at the tarmac rally at ERS that weekend.

jamesp
jamesp New Reader
8/25/08 6:52 p.m.

Phantom-slip? The Tornado fuel-saver of differentials...

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/27/08 12:53 p.m.

I'm surprised you didn't try out the Chinese knock-off of the Quaiffe from OBX. In fact, I'm a bit dismayed because I wanted to know how they compared.

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder PowerDork
8/29/08 2:20 p.m.

I was thinking about using one and then realized that I just couldn't morally justify it. Besides, with how much I plan on abusing it, I wanted the Quaife's lifetime warranty.

Dynamically, they'll probably be identical. As far as customer support and longevity...that might be a completely different story.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iF2EiS4PsN7iGgS9TpWQ1Y0MCvT4dnEypvV34LdUOziuWZ19Lr1e7Dxa2WXQcHcw