JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
12/4/19 8:28 a.m.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/OHLiRyBF-5E

Ed Malle is a former winner of the Grassroots Motorsports $2000 Challenge, and in 2019 he brought the latest version of his 1995 Ford Mustang—a Chevy LS-powered turbo beast that ran low 11s in the 1/4 mile and finished top-5 in the autocross. Here Ed talks a little bit about what makes the car special. 

Presented by CRC Industries in …

Watch more videos

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps SuperDork
12/4/19 8:55 a.m.

Great video really enjoying these 

infinitenexus
infinitenexus Reader
12/4/19 11:32 a.m.

I love this car.

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/4/19 2:05 p.m.

It's getting easier.   I remember in the mid '90s Hot Rod Magazine was showing how, with the right combination of skill and luck at junkyards and swap meets, you could run 10's for $10k.  Two options they featured were a boosted to the moon 2.3 Pinto and a Nitros'd to near death small-block Nova.  Both came in at just under 10 bills.  

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/4/19 3:06 p.m.

This car is amazing, and Ed is an awesome guy. He drove that thing to the Challenge, pulling a U-Haul trailer, with his young daughter. Much respect!

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
12/4/19 5:37 p.m.

Hell yeah. Congrats to Ed on an awesome build, and being an awesome dude.

Mike Boatwright
Mike Boatwright
12/5/19 4:01 p.m.
A 401 CJ said:

It's getting easier.   I remember in the mid '90s Hot Rod Magazine was showing how, with the right combination of skill and luck at junkyards and swap meets, you could run 10's for $10k.  Two options they featured were a boosted to the moon 2.3 Pinto and a Nitros'd to near death small-block Nova.  Both came in at just under 10 bills.  

I remember that! If I'm remembering correctly the Pinto also ran a small shot of nitrous out of the hole until the turbo spooled, then it was all boost and no juice from there.

CrustyRedXpress
CrustyRedXpress GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/6/19 7:56 a.m.

Love the vid-Ed seems like a great guy.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
d9vjsNXefZXr1Lmj5efq5JghApV8e4iJ27YVF06UMBOMmzYGJK6IjT9508c5XQWF