1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16
Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/7/20 8:38 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

They managd to make the slope back Century even uglier!

(disclaimer:  I actually LIKE the way those looked, but I accept that I'm probably the only person that did, including the guy who designed it)

dxman92
dxman92 HalfDork
1/8/20 5:07 p.m.

Two door 90s Toyota Tercel, 90s Camry Wagon, tastefully done VW Rabbit Pickup and a first gen Toyota Tundra with classic tags on it. surprise

irish44j
irish44j MegaDork
1/11/20 6:32 p.m.

Wasn't on my own commute, but while I was down in Asheville NC picking up a car, during the local rush hour (which is mostly 80s and 90s GM products and most of the remaining S-10 Blazers in the world). This one stuck out a bit...

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/11/20 7:05 p.m.

Should have had the top down.

irish44j
irish44j MegaDork
1/11/20 7:37 p.m.
noddaz said:

raining on and off and in the 40s with severe weather on the way, so i'll give him a pass lol

octavious
octavious Dork
1/11/20 8:55 p.m.

In the Kroger parking lot

Knurled.
1/12/20 6:55 a.m.
irish44j said:
noddaz said:

raining on and off and in the 40s with severe weather on the way, so i'll give him a pass lol

If it is raining with the top down, drive faster.  Depending on the car in question, anything over 30 to 80mph will make an aerodynamic bubble that prevents the rain from hitting the cabin.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/12/20 8:39 a.m.

No pics, but in the last 2 days I have seen 2 pristine 944s just driving along.  One blue and one grey.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/12/20 9:07 a.m.

I spotted this in my small, Ohio town yesterday about Noon. 

dxman92
dxman92 HalfDork
1/12/20 1:27 p.m.

Last gen Caprice Wagon, 2 door Mitsu Mirage coupe.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/12/20 6:18 p.m.

On yesterday's commute, I saw an early W123 300D survivor doing battle with the horrendous traffic on I-275 in Tampa. It was dark blue and in really good shape.

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 UltraDork
1/12/20 7:19 p.m.

Was in El Paso last week for work. Saw a pristine Chevy Celebrity driving ahead of us. Was in better shape than I've seen them back when they were common. Couldn't get a pic though.

dxman92
dxman92 HalfDork
1/12/20 9:03 p.m.

Manual transmission Volvo 850 Sedan.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UberDork
1/12/20 9:11 p.m.

wasn't commuting but shopping at Wally world.  S15 RHD Silvia.  White. Looked good.  First one I've ever seen and told the owner I liked it.

Va. tags.  Didn't know they'd got in under the 25 yr rule.

I guess I'll have to go google that JDM Va. importer.

oh wait. 2024?  I've never seen an FTO either but I'm certain this was an S15.  Positive.

um just google searched.  It did have a body kit but I'm still gonna say S15.  It was debadged of course a pet peeve of mine.

blush

wish I'd leered a little harder.

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/12/20 9:28 p.m.

I see a few Alfa Giulia's and lately I have seem a couple 4C's

BoostedBrandon
BoostedBrandon SuperDork
1/13/20 4:16 a.m.

This crept up next to me in line to pick up my kid from school. T-type Regal. Not sure on the year but it sounded real good and healthy. Sounded like it still has turbo 6 power under the hood.

JesseWolfe
JesseWolfe Reader
1/13/20 4:57 a.m.

I've seen it twice now at odd hours, a 90's Celica GT-Four WRC tribute paint scheme.

Wish I had pics.

irish44j
irish44j MegaDork
1/13/20 6:18 p.m.

Actually, not that unusual to see these guys commuting here in DC area....

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand New Reader
1/13/20 10:37 p.m.

I saw a Studebaker Avanti in what looked like original condition with what I assume was the original owner driving home today. By original condition I mean it looked like it had never been garaged, rebuilt, repainted, etc. 

irish44j
irish44j MegaDork
1/14/20 9:10 p.m.

Today:

First, in my parking garage, this '71 Chevelle SS, which has been commuting to work for about 2 weeks now. It has antique tags on it, so his regular DD must be in the shop or something, no other reason to drive this car into a crappy city commute in the middle of winter..

IDK about other areas, but can't recall the last z31 I saw on the road, especially in commute traffic

And not quite as rare, but not a very common commuter these days..Lexus SC400

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
1/14/20 9:54 p.m.

I saw a Sprinter van yesterday with a snowplow on the front.

Knurled.
1/15/20 5:32 p.m.

Just now.

Looked like a Vanagon but had round headlights.  Sounded air cooled.

(and yes, the berkheads like to sit 1-2 car lengths apart at stop lights, then creep forward every second or so.  And Ford wonders why they had problems with their dry clutch twin clutch transmissions)

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
1/15/20 5:50 p.m.
BoostedBrandon said:

This crept up next to me in line to pick up my kid from school. T-type Regal. Not sure on the year but it sounded real good and healthy. Sounded like it still has turbo 6 power under the hood.

Man, that's hawtness...especially as a kid-hauler.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/20/20 7:42 p.m.

Not an unusual car, but a rare color. 

A 1/4 mile down the road I saw this one:

McDesign
McDesign New Reader
1/21/20 11:01 a.m.

"You walk six feet behind me, dear."

Forrest

1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16

You'll need to log in to post.