A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/7/21 6:19 p.m.

3.5 liter 2GR-FE in a RAV4.

oh wait....

G_Body_Man (Forum Supporter)
G_Body_Man (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
5/8/21 9:26 a.m.

The Porsche 904 Living Legend. It was supposed to be ultra-lightweight sporting a carbon tub and a Ducati V-2.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/8/21 10:28 a.m.

A lot of the cool cars the factory should have made, they DID make,  but nobody bought, so they stopped making them.  Or they weren't sold in the US.

Del Sol Si.  (The Del Sol was a warranty nightmare thanks to the targa top)

DOHC Swift.

Sentra SE-R.  The real one, not the fat rebadged Altima.

On that tip, the 1.6l version.  195hp from a 1.6l SR!  Now that would have been fun.

I'd love to have seen what Japanese Kei cars could do in the US without the horsepower restriction.  In the home market they were limited to 660cc and 65hp.  They started to hit this wall with carefully managed turbocharging so that while they technically never made over 65hp, they made that power over a long range.  I'm picturing something like a Subaru Rex with a 9000rpm 660cc engine that had 15psi of boost on top of that.

mtnbiker4evr13
mtnbiker4evr13 New Reader
5/9/21 11:30 a.m.

Small street legal 4x4s again. IE Suzuki Samurai, Geo/Chevy Tracker etc.. or a "mini" truck thats not the size of a 90s full size (im looking at you Toyota...). 

Very happy to see Ford challenging Jeep with the Bronco but the JK and Bronco are still huge. East coast off roading is not conducive to pivoting 15ft of vehicle around trees and not costing $35k+. Yeah those aren't what sells but the heart wants what it wants. We were so close with the Roxor, if it had been street legal and stayed sub $17k. 

Oh and 70 series land cruiser in the US.. Basically solves all of the above. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/9/21 1:06 p.m.

Remember the Mystic Cobra?

I saw a late model Fusion with looked like that color, and it was STUNNING with all of the curves in the body.  If this was an OE color then I'm sad it wasn't more common.

Here is an excellent photo focused on the rain on my window.

80sFast
80sFast Reader
5/9/21 2:32 p.m.

I wish someone would make a 4wd electric van the size of the Astro vans. 

calteg
calteg Dork
5/10/21 8:48 a.m.
A 401 CJ said:

3.5 liter 2GR-FE in a RAV4.

oh wait....

And sadly, it was the fastest car Toyota produced in the U.S. for a few years

Spitsix
Spitsix GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/10/21 10:23 a.m.

Triumph SpitSix

infinitenexus
infinitenexus Dork
5/10/21 1:51 p.m.

Fully electric Prius with a 100+ mile range for the price of the standard Prius.  They have a plugin version but it still has the ICE - the battery range is somewhere in the mid 20s I think.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
5/13/21 10:57 p.m.

Honda put a k series in this and and a dct automatic and tune for neutral handling and you would sell millions of them. 

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 SuperDork
5/14/21 3:53 a.m.

I think someone said it already but a Silverado based two door full size Blazer. Between the Tahoe and the Silverado all the body panels are the there just shorten it. 
Also, create a stripped down rubber floor mat version for fleets and work trucks and you have a winner

1 ... 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HSoPa5mWh1HNC0LRnR1p9fUO1Qx7hc4wwZIwP6SPisXEo7TPt0se7qc69DbI48uX