Jax2A
Jax2A HalfDork
6/23/08 6:54 a.m.

Anyone going this weekend? I plan on hitting it, but most likely I'll be limited to one day. I'm also wanting to hit the "Hell on Wheels" rod/custom show/drag race at National Trails on Saturday as well. Anyone form the board going to either?

81gtv6
81gtv6 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/23/08 7:21 a.m.

My son and I will be at the Vintage GP on Saturday. Look for the 5 year old on the Ferrari hat.

JFX001
JFX001 HalfDork
6/23/08 8:30 a.m.

I plan on it, but we found out a month or so ago that my 5 year old has Juvenile Diabetes, so I'm still a little skittish about taking him (my own paranoia...it will pass). Plus, My Lovely Wife is going to SF for a few days Sunday morning.

She negelcted to look at the Mid-Ohio calendar when she made the arrangements.

-John

jdmae92
jdmae92 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/23/08 9:57 a.m.

I am going to try to make it on Saturday, I went all weekend last year but I forgot to call off work this weekend for it.

pete240z
pete240z HalfDork
6/23/08 4:22 p.m.

I want to go!!! But I might have another beater 240Z to pickup.

And I committed to the Voss's 50th Wedding Anniversary Celebration on Saturday night.

Maybe they won't miss me.....

Jax2A
Jax2A HalfDork
6/23/08 10:16 p.m.

I think I'm leaning towards Sunday and taking my 6 year old. Think I'll be at the drags Saturday afternoon/night. I have Friday off in case I want to go up then, but I'm not sure Friday will be that great.

stan
stan GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/24/08 9:01 a.m.

I was thinking about going. Gotta love the Spridgets... ...but my son doesn't care a lot for the LBCs. We'll probably end up going to the LeMans race instead.

Have you been to the Nationals event before? What is that like?

81gtv6
81gtv6 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/24/08 1:23 p.m.

There is a lot more there than just LBCs, just about whatever your son is into will be there. I think you would be hard pressed to see the variety of cars anywhere else outside of a vintage event like this. Everything from LBCs to Winston Cup cars to CAN-AM stuff.

This event is one of my favorites up there, and if you enter your car in the concours you get to do a lap of the track. But on the other hand the ALMS race is great too so I say go to both.

Either one is a great time.

Jax2A
Jax2A HalfDork
6/24/08 8:15 p.m.
stan wrote: Have you been to the Nationals event before? What is that like?

No this will be the first time for me, Rods, drags and rockabilly... can't be too bad.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nIsebLW2uozzwE9utbgQzUk3QeIMRC5BqBKiQglsDIbtH4W6arTI0meOjXr9UvMX