instagram

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
11/27/17 11:09 p.m.

#filtersarelife  #iguess

beattyarthur
beattyarthur
1/2/18 1:12 p.m.

Gosh, this takes me back. My son, Doug Beatty Jr, drove for Warren. He and Chet Fillip drove a GTP in the 1991 One Lap of America, coming second in SSGT1. They lost first to John Buffum in the factory Dodge Stealth R/T. Ironically, the main reason they only came second was my son did a sub 10 second run in the Indianapolis drag strip which was too fast for their bracket!

Doug also drove the 24 hours at Nelson Ledges for Warren.

in 92 or 93, I worked with Mosler to get two cars built to Canadian regulations for import into Canada. My cousin had one and the other was owned by Fred Eaton. It was a lovely car with the hard top.I think they both ended up going back to Florida.

Arthur Beatty

svisek
svisek New Reader
1/2/18 1:50 p.m.

While not the most aesthetically pleasing, they are beautiful where it counts.  I have major respect for these cars for how they were constructed and how they performed.  I am lucky to also have a little race car for the street, with the added bonus of attractive looks, at least in my eyes.

Image may contain: car

tmechanic
tmechanic New Reader
1/2/18 10:55 p.m.

The story I got was that when Rossion Automotive bought Mosler's facilities in FL, he signed over all of the molds and designs, but I've also heard that he sold the design and rights to the last car he designed to one of his employees for back pay.  But I do know that he included his ITB and SSB Sciroccos and the race trailer in the sale.  I was able to buy all three of his SCCA Sciroccos, #99, ITB, and #s 21, 29 SSB, but 29 was kind of converted back to road use.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
1/3/18 10:47 a.m.

Small Consulier update: a friend owns one and might be interested in selling it. 

Danny Shields
Danny Shields GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/3/18 10:56 a.m.

OK, do tell more...

JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick Reader
1/3/18 10:30 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

Lets know more please!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
1/3/18 11:13 p.m.

If anyone's interested in the Consulier, drop me a note and I'll forward it to the owner. I haven't seen it in the flesh, so I don't know too much other than it's the real deal. 

Thanks!

Polopharm
Polopharm
1/5/18 11:02 p.m.

It took this long to get this to post , keep sending an error message. 

@ trackmouse- the other cars in the series that as you say " nust have sucked" - 911 turbo driven by Hurley Haywood, Lotus espirit, rx/7 , calloway twin turbo Corvette, factory Corvettes, Nissan z etc  There was no Toyota Celica , actually not a single Toyota period. 

I will offer you the updated Consulier 25k challenge- your Celica vs my blue Consulier pictured and discussed  in previius posts. 

We agree on a driver same person for both cars, he or she does laps on a road course and a drag strip. Lowest combined time wins. Loser pays winner 25k . 

Or you could just come down here to Florida , go for a ride , and then write a post about it. I guarantee it will be about your new found respect for the cars. 

OpusthePoet
OpusthePoet None
10/22/19 11:55 p.m.

I remember lusting over one of these when they came out, but poverty and three children dictated another vehicle choice, Hyundai Excel.

_
_ Dork
10/23/19 12:17 a.m.

This post has received too many downvotes to be displayed.

NickD
NickD PowerDork
10/23/19 8:14 a.m.

A little over a year ago, I spotted John Fitch's personal Consulier GTP-LX in the wild at a restaraunt

I think the square recessed headlights are what kills it for me in the styling department. If they had something flush-mounted, more like a GT40 or a 512LM, I think the front would look much less dated. The cooling fans sticking out the back are a cool look though. The photo doesn't convey just how short these things are. 

Jordan Rimpela
Jordan Rimpela Digital Editor
10/23/19 8:51 a.m.

In reply to NickD :

Oh, El Camino/G Body wagon tailights. 

Kreb
Kreb GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/23/19 9:16 a.m.
_ said:

In reply to Polopharm :

Settle down. I realize this is a year old, but that guy wasn't calling you out, or insulting your precious ancient car. Save your panty waisted hand wringing for when you sell your "consult tears" to the highest bidder.

Ah yes, modern life. Why not go all in and make it political? 

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/23/19 9:04 p.m.
David S. Wallens said:

The Consuliers were one of those cases where 1+1 = 5

Fixed

b13990
b13990 Reader
10/24/19 8:26 p.m.
_ said:

In reply to Polopharm :

Settle down. I realize this is a year old, but that guy wasn't calling you out, or insulting your precious ancient car. Save your panty waisted hand wringing for when you sell your "consult tears" to the highest bidder.

Sounds like you might benefit from some quality time with the ol' Consolador, heh heh.

RNi
RNi
6/10/20 3:17 p.m.

Raced against the early versions of the Consuliers in 24 Hrs of Nelson . This car was fast but delicate. They brought 3 to race and a semi car carrier with spares for parts. The engine mounts would break every several hours and drop engine which would eat the axles. The three would rotate in the tech /repair shed fixing this problem. At the end of the race thy did a slow mo photo op with two moving on starter motors. I had to take to the grass to avoid as I was still racing for position. They were not very popular with other drivers and eventually banned.

stroker
stroker UberDork
6/10/20 7:04 p.m.

It's not as homely as a first gen Daytona Prototype...

MotorsportsGordon
MotorsportsGordon HalfDork
6/10/20 10:02 p.m.

All the various Moslers generally got banned or removed from series because they really weren't production cars. They made far more race cars then they ever did street cars. The 85 number for the Consulier is pretty hard to believe. The t900 which is the predecessor to the modern raptor was raced world wide in many different gt series they definitely made far more race cars then street cars. They claimed 20 cars but history has proven that warren Mosler is usually full of E36 M3.

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) Reader
6/18/20 2:00 p.m.

I know that this is an old thread, but It's amazing what one comes across sitting in the corner of an old warehouse. 

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/18/20 3:33 p.m.

In reply to lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) :

Wow.  Now that would be an interesting article in and of itself!

JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick Reader
2/16/23 12:24 p.m.

In reply to Trackmouse :

The Consuiler GTP suspension/chassis was designed at McKee Engineering.

Byrneon27
Byrneon27 Reader
2/16/23 1:10 p.m.

Still in need of a basketcase/cheap one of these 

Do you think there any "basket case" Consuliers out there? I know that it doesn't hurt to search, but finding one would be a tall order. Ever think about contacting Warren to see if he knows of anything sitting around unloved? Just a thought. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QFyS8qjHJBBbIACEI1BnPbrwBKd9AZLVclQNyR3uZxdIVTjiwnGYCG3wkAxGvUyV