hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/18/12 12:47 p.m.

Changing front calipers on my '67 122S yesterday and I snapped off the hard line going into the caliper on my right front. This is the short line that goes from the mount on the strut to the caliper.

I know, I know I should have sprayed some Blaster on before trying to remove it. Both fittings (male and female) were locked solid to the line.

The fitting going into the caliper has a doomed flare on it which is new to me.

Does anyone know where to source a replacement line for this? Or how to do the domed flare? Or am I going to have to run an adapter at the caliper AND at the hose fitting?

volvoclearinghouse, you have any of the lines laying around?

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic HalfDork
11/18/12 1:26 p.m.

Pics of this flare? Is it not a standard bubble flare?

hobiercr
11/18/12 1:49 p.m.
Kenny_McCormic wrote: Pics of this flare? Is it not a standard bubble flare?

I think it is a bubble flare. I need to see where I can get some male and female ends and I'll make my own lines.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic HalfDork
11/18/12 1:52 p.m.

Good parts stores (napa and various speed shops also dealing in normal stuff) will have a big rack of premade lines in different lengths, flares, and nut threads.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy SuperDork
11/18/12 2:02 p.m.

You can likely salvage the nuts, with a drill bit and some care. Find somebody with a decent flare tool, they can make you a new bubble.

hobiercr
11/18/12 8:37 p.m.
Kenny_McCormic wrote: Good parts stores (napa and various speed shops also dealing in normal stuff) will have a big rack of premade lines in different lengths, flares, and nut threads.

THIS. After realizing there was such a thing as a bubble flare (you learn something new ever day, right?) I went to the local Advance Auto regional warehouse store (the one that always has stuff in stock) and they had a perfect 12" bubble flare premade line a 3/8-24 bubble flare union that will work perfectly.

Better yet, the guy working at the store was pitted next to us at the Sebring Chumpcar race and will be a great source for stuff AND he gave me 25% off my bill.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TPYPML9CYoqK5tDheMu7x8bJ5aKGq5QEnQv8RiOms8NkLplO5oEv9Ekbc1Eta2W4