1 2 3
alfadriver
alfadriver GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/21/18 12:47 p.m.

In reply to MadScientistMatt :

Yea, I guess we will see. But it is interesting to constantly see the aftershock effects of what VW did.  Everyone is going from a company that is largely trusted (because of the Draconian rules if you break the law) to not being trusted at all, and there's a lot of development for on road emissions measurements.  

STM317
STM317 SuperDork
9/21/18 12:52 p.m.

I guess the investigation has been ongoing for quite awhile now. This article from July of 2017 goes into a little more detail about the investigation. They're claiming that this collusion potentially goes back to the 90s and tons of people (including politicians) either knew about it, or were complicit in it's continuation.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
9/24/18 9:24 a.m.
STM317 said:

I guess the investigation has been ongoing for quite awhile now. This article from July of 2017 goes into a little more detail about the investigation. They're claiming that this collusion potentially goes back to the 90s and tons of people (including politicians) either knew about it, or were complicit in it's continuation.

OK, that seems to fill in the missing piece of the puzzle. That one makes it sound like they were sharing emissions cheating technology instead of (or possibly alongside) real emissions-cleaning technology, and were trying to run some sort of DEF price-fixing scheme.

1 2 3
Our Preferred Partners
E8pMMgD8E6DwuSk8JqEtTPGPivSY0nbFx4SZLYvDLoJJSfy0i6OaDklUg4iLPOg8