1 2 3
Jim Pettengill
Jim Pettengill HalfDork
6/26/18 11:44 p.m.

I read somewhere several months ago - maybe in Racecar Engineering? - that Don Panoz planned to apply for a Garage 56 entry for a pure electric with exchangeable batteries.  Havent heard anything in several months, anybody else have any info?  Maybe the LMP1 situation has caused problems.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/27/18 5:58 a.m.
T.J. said:

In reply to fasted58 :

Now I see why they may not want to release the entire run from the onboard cameras. That sound is absolutely terrible. The first 15 seconds of that video made me cringe.

I think all electric vehicles should be mandated to sound like George Jetson's flying car.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/27/18 8:17 a.m.

In reply to Woody :

I made that suggestion for our electric buses. We no longer have a suggestion box.

stafford1500
stafford1500 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/27/18 12:09 p.m.
Jim Pettengill said:

I read somewhere several months ago - maybe in Racecar Engineering? - that Don Panoz planned to apply for a Garage 56 entry for a pure electric with exchangeable batteries.  Havent heard anything in several months, anybody else have any info?  Maybe the LMP1 situation has caused problems.

I have heard a similar rumor, but not necessarily associated with Don Panoz.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/27/18 12:20 p.m.

It's the obvious next entry for Garage 56. It's really just a matter of who. Given that it's only been a couple of years since a car made a single lap under pure electric power, we're talking about a serious jump in capabilities!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6ZXvSUkbd0WNVBPXDdz4O2DXMfld1m49FQwgkVXDsq9JY11A1qKxC50OURDYJLxR