1 2
motomoron
motomoron HalfDork
12/14/11 7:14 p.m.

Somebody, buy this car!

I can speak for what an astonishing howl it is to drive a D sports racer on a race track - I did my first season of wheel-to-wheel in DSR doing the SCCA/MARRS series at Summit point in an early Radical - the one in which the fueling system failed so publically at the UTCC...

In any case - Here's what Summit looks like from inside a not-so-well driven DSR.

A 70 year old guy in what is essentially an A-mac - similar to a LeGrand - is 3+ seconds faster than me. So, as I said before; Somebody buy this thing.

corytate
corytate HalfDork
12/14/11 8:46 p.m.

holy E36 M3 I just saw this video of the car
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B8oLotKbDo
unbelievable. WANT

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
12/15/11 9:35 a.m.

That's an older video--it's got about 2x the power now.

Look for more recent videos on the Youtubes of the car. Either on GRMTV or on my channel at GRMPer

Per

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
2/1/12 10:51 a.m.

Ok, turns out my dad decided that he wanted to just buy the car for himself---but that means we have an "extra" LeGrand that's considerably cheaper than the GRM project car.

1978-ish LeGrand mk18 1988 ZX10 engine built by Muzzy drysump new Wilwood master cylinders 2 sets of LeGrand wheels My 'old' green body

He's asking $12k. It's a good start for a BMod car and probably would better appeal to us builder types.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/1/12 11:05 a.m.

Thankyouthankyouthankyou for keeping that in the family!!!

My grandpa let "his" car go and now none of us will get it back (it's in Sweden), so I really hated to see the same thing happening here.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
2/1/12 11:44 a.m.

I'm glad this happened. If I had $12k your dad's would be a cool toy. I like the center seat. But need to save up for my ex T/A Somerset.

jg

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/1/12 4:57 p.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote: I'm glad this happened. If I had $12k your dad's would be a cool toy. I like the center seat. But need to save up for my ex T/A Somerset. jg

srsly?

ValuePack
ValuePack Dork
2/1/12 5:41 p.m.
Per Schroeder wrote: or on my channel at GRMPer

Subscribed.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1d1tiBIZp9WHMI5yE0jR8VftqFG7o6I0hbf8lTFXFhZRPi9jEwMpIKJQBhaEfFSV