mr2peak
mr2peak GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/10/22 2:34 a.m.

I have a twin port wastegate, and a 3 port MAC valve. I want to run ~14psi with the quickest spool possible by keeping the wastegate closed for as long as possible. I have a nice selection of springs and an electronic boost controller.

Which one of these setups is preferable, and why?

mr2peak
4/10/22 2:58 a.m.

The setup in question

frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
4/10/22 11:10 a.m.

In reply to mr2peak :

That's a valid question but should be better defined. 
   For example reliability, cost, quickness to rev, complication.  Plus value.  As in this improves reliability 27%, but costs 85% more, this is suitable for driving on the street but not for all out speed contests etc.  fine for drag racing,  lousy for road racing.   OK for Autocrossing if allowed to cool between runs.  Etc. 
  I spend an inordinate amount of time  watching U tube trying to find out those answers.  Nivlac57  so far has been the best but the more he teaches me the more I learn I need to know.  
What is really needed is Turbocharging for almost dummies 

mr2peak
4/10/22 3:43 p.m.

The cost will be identical because both options use the same hardware. I asked for the quickest spooling options. Also asked which one is preferable, and why, which should cover your other concerns

frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
4/10/22 4:07 p.m.

In reply to mr2peak :

So far the only real answers I've gotten have been on U tube and Unless the same answers are repeated frequently I put little credence  in them.  
there is one site that discussed the exact hook up you're talking about but failed to mention anything about ability to rev.  I'll  look it up and  report back.  
 ps; don't trust anything. I'm absolutely new to this myself. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
h6fUMvleTNFyFZEC3NjQRByPMmlAXn5FM8HKq1Hc3CjJ1jDTUx18zbtznD4CsNVY