1 ... 5 6 7 8 9
dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/30/16 8:52 p.m.

Watched both episodes of the special and it is great. What a fantastic place. As good or better than anything they did on TG.

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UltraDork
1/5/17 7:48 p.m.

Anybody noticed the episode 9 title?

dean1484
1/5/17 7:54 p.m.

Yep.

The chemistry seems to really be back. The show was also very good. I was worried that after the special that they would try to hard but that was not the case. It was a good show. I liked the pace of things.

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UltraDork
1/5/17 8:17 p.m.

I still have catching up to do with episode 8 and 9 but noticed the title and laughed, which incited a weird look from the wife.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/5/17 8:38 p.m.

It's a great title, and a fitting episode for it. They get so many fun new toys with Amazon.

Driven5
Driven5 Dork
1/6/17 2:38 a.m.

I haven't caught either special episode yet, but episode 6 (thankfully) continues to improve. Launch the American of the Nimitz in a NASCAR with the celebrity brain crush machine strapped to the hood, and it'll be just sbout on par with the latter seasons of TG.

On another positive note, I recently realized that Amazon has also picked up all of the Clarkson/Hammond/May Top Gear seasons, after Netflix dropped them... So I can still see these guys in their 'Prime' whenever I need a little pick-me-up too.

jstein77
jstein77 UltraDork
1/6/17 8:29 a.m.

Have they been cruising this forum?

jstein77
jstein77 UltraDork
1/6/17 9:04 p.m.

Oh no, they've killed a Gammon!

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
1/7/17 7:08 a.m.

Even the American was amusing this week with the hybrid NSX. 'Electricity is for lights and chairs' that made me lol.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
1/7/17 7:55 a.m.

Yep. Ep 8 was excellent.

Love him or hate him, Skinner is doing a decent job in the role of "anti-Stig".

Fitzauto
Fitzauto Dork
1/7/17 9:14 a.m.

I actually enjoyed the NSX lap. The comments were pretty good, especially the electricity one.

32vsnake
32vsnake New Reader
1/7/17 1:33 p.m.

Episode 9 was a let down for me.. seamed like a step backward after 7/8

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non Dork
1/7/17 3:32 p.m.

The NSX part was good and the funny bit with MGD/The Excellent but the rest sucked.

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
1/8/17 9:52 a.m.

Just watched #9. I have no idea what the Redneck said, I turn the sound off when his bit starts now. Celebrity Brain Waste-of-time still wastes time, and isn't funny (even every time May says "so does that mean he isn't coming on?")

Otherwise, it was ok. The Excellent and power-generating bits were more like the old warm and familiar days. (I really miss the challenges like buying $1500 Porsche's and doing...stuff.)

dean1484
1/8/17 11:47 a.m.

All of you that are bashing the American and the celebrity brain crash skits try watching the show with twelve year old. Those are the funniest parts. I don't particularly hate them but they are not the high points of the show for me but my son was falling off the sofa with laughter.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/20/17 2:58 p.m.

I can't believe no one has commented on last nights episode yet. I don't want to ruin anything, but it involves a unicorn of the GRM world.

Maybe not the best showing, overall, but still better than the first couple episodes.

Rufledt
Rufledt UberDork
1/20/17 3:10 p.m.

I would say they ruined a perfectly good example, but a perfect example of one of those doesnt exist. i kinda want one now, however.

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non Dork
1/20/17 8:01 p.m.
RevRico wrote: I can't believe no one has commented on last nights episode yet.

Some of us have jobs, you know?

dean1484
1/20/17 8:26 p.m.

I saw about %20 of it. A serious lack of sleep this week meant I saw the opening clip and then my son woke me up as a car landed on a boat. I need to go back again.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
1/21/17 6:34 a.m.

Episode 11 wasn't bad. Pretty much classic Top Gear with a bit more over-the-top silliness.

The American doesn't bother me as much after someone commented how he's essentially the "anti-Stig" - 180 deg opposite of everything the Stig is. Given they can't duplicate the Stig character, it makes sense.

The biggest disappointment for me with the #11 celebrity stick is I was totally expecting him to get swallowed by Nessie, not hit a mine or something. Of course, the latter was a lot cheaper to stage.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
1/21/17 8:45 a.m.

Is it bad that I like Jeremy's BiTurbo in this episode?

einy
einy Reader
1/21/17 1:02 p.m.
Ian F wrote: The biggest disappointment for me with the #11 celebrity stick is I was totally expecting him to get swallowed by Nessie, not hit a mine or something.

That's what I was expecting to see also !!

I got a confused look from my wife when I cracked up at the entrance of the three BiTurbo's !!

kanaric
kanaric Dork
1/21/17 1:56 p.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: Is it bad that I like Jeremy's BiTurbo in this episode?

It's cool looking but it's a carburated twin turbo 80s italian car. Might as well go to sub sarharan africa and bang a prostitute.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man SuperDork
1/21/17 2:44 p.m.

I enjoyed the hell out of episode 11. The gag with the various "knobs" was hilarious, as was the sign on the back of James' car.

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non Dork
1/21/17 4:09 p.m.

Did they even do a real segment of those cars shown at the beginning of GT prior to setting up the tent scene or that was just for "show"?

1 ... 5 6 7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TUeUrGMazZu6PxuAK9HKjAPaOhk0zLT9MjGiE7N2nKpb4HEHmjkd3nXGgo7BXvb1