1 2
Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
2/6/18 3:17 p.m.

350z is not the first car i think of putting a 'better' engine into, let alone a 350z that already runs, but hey.. I'm still interested since i have never looked into this swap before. Carry on..

TiggerWelder
TiggerWelder Reader
2/6/18 4:13 p.m.

I was wondering what happened to the BMW and the LS1.  I had a forever build on a LQ4 6.0L that started not long before you.  It is running in my Suburban now.  So I knew there were major hold ups.  If you need the front and rear cover aligning dealy's to finish the assembly, I have them.  Not terribly expensive, but very useful.  But for what they cost, sharing is good. 

Pro Tip, put a new oil pressure sender in if you aren't going full mechanical.  I own two LS vehicles and have had two go bad, and they are a royal PITA to replace in the car.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed SuperDork
2/6/18 6:58 p.m.
bluebarchetta said:

A first-gen RX-7 on Enkei92s, an LS on an engine stand, a bottle of Miller High Life, and two faithful dogs.  If Heaven isn't a lot like Greg Voth's garage, I don't want to go.

Ya and it looks like the tiniest little edge of a tail light of another first gen RX7 right next to the other. Double your fun. 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/6/18 7:42 p.m.

Can i drive it when it’s done?  

Also i may be interested in ls1 f body parts as long as they are engine parts

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Dork
2/6/18 7:58 p.m.
Feedyurhed said:
bluebarchetta said:

A first-gen RX-7 on Enkei92s, an LS on an engine stand, a bottle of Miller High Life, and two faithful dogs.  If Heaven isn't a lot like Greg Voth's garage, I don't want to go.

Ya and it looks like the tiniest little edge of a tail light of another first gen RX7 right next to the other. Double your fun. 

And another in the driveway and another two stashed offsite....haha

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/6/18 9:30 p.m.

so, when will we see this in South Bend?  devil

TIGMOTORSPORTS
TIGMOTORSPORTS Dork
2/7/18 4:59 a.m.

Great project idea

RossD
RossD MegaDork
2/7/18 9:26 a.m.

This project spurred a thought. Are people installing Nissan V8s into Z-cars?

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
2/7/18 10:14 p.m.

I own two LS vehicles and have had two go bad, and they are a royal PITA to replace in the car.

One time i did one on a Corvette.. I had the transmission out already so i did it from the bottom of the car with a 27mm crows-foot wrench. To me this is really ironic and hilarious if you know where the sensor is.. wink

This project spurred a thought. Are people installing Nissan V8s into Z-cars?

Yes. 

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/8/18 5:51 a.m.

So what you're saying is...you need to get rid of a perfectly fine VQ35DE? I might be able to help with that

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Digital Experience Director
2/8/18 3:12 p.m.

That is actually what I'm saying! I need to get rid of the automatic attached to it, too. 

I'll be done with the engine in late March, and it will come with a video of it running well and a Blackstone oil report. 

If you're interested, shoot me an email at tom@ this website.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
drRL4CHrC2RhgxTxRWsgjXhyXJpMxZISXHpgg2iv6R7XS3Yfnv9aCXIaofzREVy2