Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
4/14/21 12:17 p.m.
feature_image

The Trans Am Series Presented by Pirelli and the Sportscar Vintage Racing Association announced that WeatherTech is now the “Official Interior Vehicle Protection Company” for both series.

Specifically, the partnerships allow WeatherTech to showcase its product portfolio during SpeedTour weekends—events that include SVRA, Trans Am, FR Americas, Formula 4 and International GT races—as well as Hagerty’s Cars and Caffeine events. …

Read the rest of the story

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/14/21 5:50 p.m.

@Colin

How is this actually news?  And “Official Interior Vehicle Protection Company”. Really?  For some reason that made me laugh like it is some kind of important title or something.  Are they going to use there floor mats in the race cars?  The whole thing struck me as silly. 

Wait.  Is trans am now under the NASCAR  umbrella where there is an official everything?  That would explain some of this. 

I also see this as and advertisement of an advertisement for an opportunity to advertise. 

Toyman01 + Sized and
Toyman01 + Sized and GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/14/21 6:03 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

The CEO could just be shoving the money in his pocket. Good on him for investing it in something he believes in supporting. 

I don't mind helping him out. These just went in the Ridgeline. 

20210408_155814_HDR.jpg

I also put them in all my company trucks. 

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/14/21 6:13 p.m.

I don't mind the product. It is probably the best out there.  It is the post it's self that made my kind of be like "Really".   Ya I am weird sometimes. 

irish44j (Forum Supporter)
irish44j (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/14/21 7:46 p.m.

I wonder what interior protection products they'll be putting inside competition race cars lol.

(side note: I have weathertech mats in several of my cars, top notch. I do, however, sometimes feel like maybe I'm overpaying for them when I see them put 20-page advertising spreads in GRM and sponsor race series.)

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/14/21 9:13 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

I suggested that he post it. It's a company way involved in our forms of racing getting even more involved. In my book, that's worth a quick share. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3LCXBzvxGn1FeWdAFzeSZxycbyp7vhB6fFYWXGxbY1TyLVd16HefrVsstCgluajd