1 2 3
Mad_Ratel
Mad_Ratel HalfDork
6/17/15 2:24 p.m.

Mod max was annoying and pointless. I much prefer them doing street cars...

mr2peak
mr2peak GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/17/15 3:29 p.m.

Chris Harris on Cars. Great show.

Comedians in cars getting coffee is fun. Not very car related, but good watching.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/17/15 3:47 p.m.

has Victory By Design ended up hosted online yet?

JtspellS
JtspellS SuperDork
6/17/15 4:17 p.m.

Another big vote for Regular car reviews, love it, best way I can describe it is an English major car guy reviews whatever he can get his hands on and while during the video he lets his inner humor out.

MCM is also quite great.

dropstep
dropstep Reader
6/17/15 7:42 p.m.

roadkill, dirt every day, /tuned, the smoking tire, and big muscle are what i usually watch. I also watch alot of 1320video and urban hill billy but there not car shows just drag racing and rock bouncers.

nderwater
nderwater PowerDork
6/18/15 1:36 p.m.

Goodwood Road & Racing has some nice clips introducing enthusiast cars, but the best stuff is their full coverage videos of the Goodwood Festival of Speed, Goodwood Members Meeting and Goodwood Revival Meeting races.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/18/15 3:12 p.m.

I had not heard of Dirt Every Day. I looked to find the LMTV episode. I ended up watching DED for 4 hours yesterday. Then I started on Roadkill. Thanks guys, now my productivity is nil LOL

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/18/15 4:02 p.m.

EverydayDriver has great production and content for a web series. They do typical car reviews with an enthusiast bent. Occasionally, they'll mix in used cars that match the new cars and do a head to head. They've also done reviews on a few exotics, including a Countach.

I like the quality of just about everything Motor Trend has on YouTube. My favorite has to be the Epic Drives series. This series is more of a travel show, but it's an auto-centric travel show. Take a Gelelandewagen through Siberia, or a new Vette through NASA sites to share a test drive with an astronaut. Drive a Raptor through Death Valley.

Both are on YouTube. Just search.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/19/15 6:44 p.m.

I'm going to go ahead an link Everyday Driver after all, since I think this is a particularly good example.

They review the Ford Mustang Ecoboost, and compare it to the WRX, FiST, and FRS.

https://youtu.be/S-4OIxm3XaE

Vracer111
Vracer111 Reader
6/20/15 11:44 a.m.

For me it's:

Chris Harris on Cars

EverydayDriver

Leno's Garage

Petrolicious

TaxTheRich100 - see this video why: The Ferrari 288 GTO - Group B Spec!! and who knew this is what the F50's wing was designed for: LOL - but awesome at the same time...

and

TRDheadquarters

I also follow Leh Keen's personal channel (which is not updated with any reglarity): Lehman Keen

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/20/15 7:02 p.m.

4xOverland is pretty good as well

Crackers
Crackers Dork
1/24/18 8:29 p.m.

I found this thread last week looking for exactly this content. 

I have to say, Pete, I don't know how you can watch DIY Auto School. 

His grammar and notably his syntax are appalling. 

Also, he's a bit of a ham fisted hack. 

I had to stop watching after he started beating on a patch panel with a giant ball peen talking about how it was how you do "concourse restoration". 

JTNWEvo
JTNWEvo New Reader
1/24/18 9:28 p.m.

No love for B is for Build?  Chris is fun to watch and seems very GRM-like to me.

red_stapler
red_stapler Dork
1/24/18 9:56 p.m.

It's not really a show per-se, but 19Bozzy92 consistently puts out quality car videos without any music or fuss.  It's nice to be a quiet observer at Monza or Mugello.

MazdaFace
MazdaFace HalfDork
1/25/18 6:24 a.m.

Checked out regular car reviews. Pretty damn funny. 

pushrod36
pushrod36 Reader
1/25/18 7:15 a.m.

Mike Musto started doing House of Muscle for Motortrend on Demand.  Very similar to his /BigMuscle on /Drive.

I don't especially care for the show, but Salomondrin has neat insights into what it's like to go through high-end cars faster than we swap out beaters.  His older content focused on this, but now it's more of a lifestyle thing and I don't watch it as much.

VINwiki has some hilarious stories.

Carfection is good on occasion, but not often.

Hoonigans has had some really good guest cars (Jonathan Ward, Ken Block's personal cars, Audi factory show cars), but is mostly just goofy non-sense that I don't care for.

Not a youtube thing, but the the dinner with racers podcast is pretty good.  Season three had some really big name interviews.  Bonus points for you can listen and work on projects in your garage at the same time!

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
1/25/18 7:34 a.m.

To add one not mentioned yet:

I enjoy a channel called Harrys Garage. It's a well-to-do English guy who used to write for EVO. He reviews and drives his own cars similarly to Leno,  but he goes into the details and history in a more articulate and precise manner (no "look honey it's got a trunk! " or "no one has improved upon the stick" jokes). 

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
1/25/18 8:52 a.m.

I watch a lot of YouTube channels. It's an app on my TV, so I watch a lot there.

A general mix of car stuff, bicycle stuff, guitars, RV-life stuff and my most recent addiction: "Forgotten Weapons" and it's sister channel "In Range TV."  The previous is focused mainly on obscure military guns and weapons with a few videos of the guns actually shooting. The latter is a bit more broad in content and usually has more shooting, although the current video sequence is focused on the English food rationing during WW2.   They also do a series of "mud test" videos where they slather mud on (and sometimes into) guns and see how well they function (and in some cases not function).  The results may be surprising to some (for example, the AR-15 absolutely trounces the AK-47, despite popular belief).  

I agree there's something about Road Kill that makes me often skip it...  

I watch Doug Demuro a lot, although I can understand how he could be annoying to some. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/25/18 9:19 a.m.

MCM's mcmtv2 sub-channel has a fun series called Skid Factory featurin Alan aka Turbo Yoda. 

The first build was a Aussie Fairlane powered by a turbo Toyota 1UZ.

thewheelman
thewheelman Reader
1/25/18 10:31 a.m.

Most of what I watch has been mentioned by others, but I will add the VinWiki channel, and particularly, anything with Ed Bolian in it. He's a great story teller, and being that, has some great stories to tell.

I didn't see any mention of Tavarish here, but he definitely has some GRM appeal, even if he is a bit of a glutton for punishment with the cars he buys and fixes up.

spandak
spandak New Reader
1/25/18 10:49 a.m.

I agree with the motortrend comments. I particularly liked the head2heads with Jason Cammisa. He was a riot

MCM is good usually. They’ve moved upmarket faster than I have so lately my interested has fallen off. 

Motorcyclist magazine makes some great videos for anyone into bikes. The on two wheels playlist will make you want to buy whatever they have and go.

oh and Chris Harris on cars gets my vote. His show is downright excellent. I really like that he enjoys some of the slower cars like his 2CV. He just seems like such a down to earth guy and I respect anyone that pisses off Ferrari for being honest about their products to the point that he was banned from reviewing their cars for a time. What a legend

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
1/25/18 10:58 a.m.

No love for GRM Live! on YouTube? Here's our channel.

Margie

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
1/25/18 11:13 a.m.

In reply to Marjorie Suddard :

I always watch it via Facebook, so I forget the YouTube channel.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
1/25/18 11:15 a.m.

Oh... and if any cord-cutters are missing their TV car auction fix, Mecum does live streams on YouTube.  Basically the same video feed you see on TV, but without the commentary.  Kinda nice, actually. 

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP Reader
1/25/18 11:17 a.m.

There was a BBC series I used to watch on YouTube. Called 'Strippers. Cars for Money' Premise of the show is two 'teams' purchase a car (wrecked unit or doesn't pass inspection) and part  it out over a week (I think? There was a set time limit) and at the end the car is crushed for scrap. The winner of the two teams is who ever made more money in the end. You get to see the wonderful characters who are purchasing parts for their own car and the bartering end of it. Was a pretty interesting watch. Challenge patrons may find the haggling over selling used parts enjoyably relatable. I'd link, but I don't think it was a channel so much as someone posting the videos from TV

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2uq4vjSaTVTyxsk7if2OnUjyUCbHuDDSL885mu0MBoJdyzfaaevdzmeBhWWyK8c1