1 2
Obioban
Obioban Reader
4/23/19 6:33 a.m.

I got some corner balancing scales recently (which I haven't done yet, because I haven't leveled my scales yet-- but the front/rear balance and total weight are still accurate). Lots of people stopping by want to weight their cars, and it's kind of interesting, so I thought I'd make a thread compiling all the weights. 

First post will list all the cars, in order from lightest to heaviest. As new cars get added I'll make a post with the new cars weight, and update the OP. 

Weights on the list are adjusted to reflect what the weight would be with a half full gas tank and no driver, for more meaningful comparison. 

Many of the cars aren't stock.

Scales aren't leveled, so corner weights and cross balances are not accurate! But, total weight and front/rear distro is.

Obioban
Obioban Reader

Obioban's M3 coupe, 3/4 full gas tank

Obioban
Obioban Reader

Brian's R32 Skyline GTR sedan

3/4 full gas tank. Rear wheel steering system removed.

Obioban
Obioban Reader

Rocco's Mazda 6

5/8 full gas tank

Obioban
Obioban Reader
4/23/19 6:34 a.m.

Stig's e39 528i touring

3/4 full tank, junk in the trunk

Obioban
Obioban Reader

Obioban's e39 M5

Full gas tank

Obioban
Obioban Reader

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawa_k2001 View Post

If I can add.

1997 E36 M3 sedan 5 speed, completely stock, 5/8ths fuel. Scales show with and without spare tire.

Not my scales, but shouldn't matter

Obioban
Obioban Reader

Quote:

Originally Posted by jickel180 View Post

I’ll add mine. A/C, stereo, airbags, interior all there but with Recaros, S2R sunroof delete, Kirk roll bar, Supersprint Race sec. 3, Mini Cooper battery, etc. 

Should be a little lighter up front with the airbox now but not worth throwing back on the scales yet. 

**edited** Weight savings mods here:

-Apex ARC8 18x9.5 & 18x10
-AST 4100
-Stoptech ST40 (front only, OEM rear)
-SGT CSL trunk and front bumper
-S2R CF Roof Panel (stock headliner, pillars, etc. all in place)
-Recaro SPG Seats
-HPC Carbon Rear Seat Delete Panel (rear seat headrests removed, seat bottom cushion still in place)
-Bimmerworld/Jet Hot Headers
-Supersprint Race Section 3
-Mini Cooper OEM battery

**Weight Adding Stuff**
-Kirk 4pt Roll Bar
-Schroth 6 pt Harnesses
-UUC Front and Rear Sway Bars
-A little over 1/2 tank of fuel

Not my scales, but shouldn't matter

Obioban
Obioban Reader

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginsu Tim View Post

997.1 GT3 with full tank of gas +170lbs driver’s ballast.

A few lightening mods done. Since then I think I’ve shed another 100lbs+/- between battery, track wheels, rear brakes

Not my scales, but shouldn't matter.

Obioban
Obioban Reader

Stig’s 6mt Manual seat slick top, pretty stock M3. About as light of a stock option load as you’ll get.

5/8 full tank. 3350 lbs 

Obioban
Obioban Reader

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike RT4 View Post

My CSL (fully optioned, so aircon, stereo, rear parking sensors and Xenons), but with full Supersprint exhaust from headers back (SS 200 cell cats, SS non-resonated centre pipe, SS LWR back box), AP brakes front and rear, H & R wheel spacers, Approx 10 litres of fuel. Tool kit and floor mats removed (to simulate track conditions).

Please overlook the cross weights, it hasn't been set as yet (waiting on new suspension before doing so).

A Unicorn CSL (as in none of the factory options) is supposed to be 1385kg (or 1426kg with full tank of fuel). I suspect mine will be approx 15kg above that with a full tank:

Obviously to work out this in pounds, multiply by 2.20462.

not my scales, but should be equally accurate.

Obioban
Obioban Reader
4/23/19 6:35 a.m.

Quote:

My 2002 E46 M3.

- Around 25-30lbs removed.(other then below)
- Apex 18x9.5 wheels
- PFC V3 355mm front rotors
- SCZA exhaust suitcase
- AST4100 coilovers
- Hotchkis 30mm front sway bar
- Slicktop
- De-SMGed
- 5/8ths fuel

Not my scales, but should be equally accurate

Obioban
Obioban Reader

Quote:

Brothers 2002 E46 M3.

- Around 25-30lbs removed.(other then below)
- E92 M3 staggered wheels
- Dinan exhaust suitcase
- KW V2s coilovers
- Convertible 27mm front sway bar
- Sunroof
- Evolve carbon airbox
- OEM manual
- 5/8ths fuel

Not my scales, but should be equally accuate.

Obioban
Obioban Reader

Lightest spec e90 m3 (manual trans, no sunroof, no idrive, 18s). Half tank plus baby seat.

Obioban
Obioban Reader

SMG/sunroof e46 M3. 3/8 of a tank of gas. Light weight wheels and intake.

^nearly stock (same mods as stig’s car— 18” RG-Rs, CSL intake, nothing else) fully optioned e46 M3, so pretty representative range of weights for stock e46 M3s between tbose two cars.

Obioban
Obioban Reader

A CRV. Awd, no sunroof, two kid seats, 3/8 tank of gas.

Obioban
Obioban Reader
4/23/19 6:36 a.m.

Quote:

My Honda S2000:

Ohlins DFV, Recaro PPs, square set up wheels (8½" all round), AD08Rs, J's Racing strut brace, full tank of fuel (50 litres):

Another for the list

Obioban
Obioban Reader

Another for the books:

Quote:

Another one for the list (not my car) - Porsche 996.1 GT3, 40 litres ish of fuel (around half tank):

996.1 GT3. Stock with the Clubsport package, half tank.

Obioban
Obioban Reader

Full light spec (option wise) F80 M3 CS. Scale pic taken with a full tank of gas so listed weight corrected accordingly (all weights on the list are for a half tank). 

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/23/19 7:16 a.m.

I'd sure like to know what my base model NB1 weighs in autocross trim (empty trunk, hardtop off, floor mats out).

Deleted cruise control, power mirrors, power windows, power antenna. I could remove the AC since it was a dealer added option, but this is Florida.

A bit more weight for the hard S strut tower brace, and slightly thicker rear sway bar. I don't know how the weight of the hallow racing beat front sway bar and chassis braces compare to stock.

codrus
codrus GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/23/19 7:33 a.m.
Floating Doc said:

I'd sure like to know what my base model NB1 weighs in autocross trim (empty trunk, hardtop off, floor mats out).

Somewhere in the 2200-2300 range, I suspect.

On the original topic, not being level will throw off the front/rear balance, but it's not a huge effect assuming it's as close as a typical garage.

Lots of M3s on the list! :)

Not sure if you're looking for other people to add weights or not, but here's my FD.  Mostly stock '93 Touring (RB muffler, Ohlins shocks, aluminum extra-large radiator, 17x9 6UL wheels)

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
4/23/19 7:34 a.m.

I'm surprised you haven't weighed the "M3 wagon" yet. 

Obioban
Obioban Reader
4/23/19 7:43 a.m.
Ian F said:

I'm surprised you haven't weighed the "M3 wagon" yet. 

With spare tire and cargo cover: 

Without spare tire and cargo cover (How I normally drive it):

Didn't post it yet because it's not technically on my scales. I've had it down for maintenance for the last couple months, so haven't gotten to weighing it. 

... but I have no excuse for not getting the 530i on the scales. Will have to do that before it leaves the fleet (soonishly)!

Obioban
Obioban Reader
4/23/19 7:46 a.m.
codrus said:
Floating Doc said:

Somewhere in the 2200-2300 range, I suspect.

On the original topic, not being level will throw off the front/rear balance, but it's not a huge effect assuming it's as close as a typical garage.

Lots of M3s on the list! :)

Not sure if you're looking for other people to add weights or not, but here's my FD.  Mostly stock '93 Touring (RB muffler, Ohlins shocks, aluminum extra-large radiator, 17x9 6UL wheels)

How much gas in the tank here? Were you in the car or driverless? 

codrus
codrus GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/23/19 8:02 a.m.
Obioban said:

How much gas in the tank here? Were you in the car or driverless? 

No driver, I don't remember the exact fuel level alas.  Somewhere in the middle of the range.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
H726P65NvKvWstT54VYY46tKEZGXUNnMy02yfZokOtXroeWiVAW2qFLqnsruZYNy