David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
9/3/15 12:58 p.m.

Stance.

Hella flush.

An accident waiting to happen.

You know what I’m talking about: slammed imports with tires stretched across too-wide wheels. Pavement-scraping ride heights. Wheel offsets that don’t do a thing to help run times.

All show and no go.

Plus, those wheel-and-tire setups are a menace to society. Think about the children.

I finally checked it out. Call …

Read the rest of the story

nderwater
nderwater PowerDork
9/16/15 9:34 a.m.
Those wheel-and-tire setups are a menace to society. Think about the children.

jerel77494
jerel77494 New Reader
11/16/21 1:52 p.m.

I remember when slammed mini-pickups were the rage.  One guy wrote to a mini-truck magazine:

"I lowered my truck and now I'm replacing ball joints and tie rod ends every 6 months."  

Duuh.

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass Reader
11/16/21 2:22 p.m.

I liked this write up a lot. 

Look, every scene has jerks in it, but most of the folks involved are just wonderful people sharing their loves with others. Really cool of you to expand to a very non-motorsports type of event, to see everyone welcomed. I loved the connection to the TNIA series. 

I did my first track event at Charlotte in 2020, then another in 2021...next year I want to do two or three! It was an easy way to get on track for a low amount of money. Like you said, no commitment, no lengthy list of safety features needed to add, which adds a lot of cost and, maybe at times, inconvenience to our street cars. 

Im glad that GRM continues, after these 6 years, to support TNIA, it's how I got to my first one. Im thankful for SCCA, GRM, and all of the event sponsors which offer a great day for little coin. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
11/16/21 4:02 p.m.

In reply to hybridmomentspass :

Thanks, glad that you enjoyed the piece. Glad to hear that you're having fun at TNiA, too. It's a cool program. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
C2Ri9Jix6k7LkI3dPuHmcDVGInlin5KhIvrxHfgnLVACxdTXIGWpOvj65vL8MqJa