NickD
NickD PowerDork
1/9/20 3:46 p.m.

Just read that for the Singapore Auto Show, Subaru has cooked up the Forester Ultimate Customized Kit Special. I'm curious if it was intentional or some sort of "lost in translation" moment.

It looks to be pretty much a sticker tape package, with some Enkei wheels. Looks nice enough though. No word on the mechanicals. But, wow, that name. 

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
1/9/20 3:49 p.m.

It was no accident. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/9/20 3:51 p.m.

In reply to spitfirebill :

Someone needs to buy one of those and get vanity plates reading ZROGVN on NOGVN.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand New Reader
1/9/20 3:52 p.m.

Haven't the Grand Tour guys been filming in that part of the world?

NickD
NickD PowerDork
1/9/20 4:04 p.m.

Reminds me of when my father's workplace, Riverhawk, introduced the  Safety Hydraulically Integrated Tensioner. And it was a piece of E36 M3.

NickD
NickD PowerDork
1/9/20 4:25 p.m.

They could make it brand-wide and have the Subaru Ultimate Customized Kit Special edition and then people would go "Oh, Subaru Has ITogether"

Gingerbeardman
Gingerbeardman Reader
1/9/20 4:32 p.m.

This thread is full of win.

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
1/9/20 4:47 p.m.

As usual, this won't be available in the US.  In other words, no berkeleys will be given. 

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/9/20 5:24 p.m.

"We make the 209, STI, WRX, and BRZ and you want me to tart up a FORESTER?!?"

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
1/9/20 5:25 p.m.

Of course no berkeleys are given. These are good berkeleys. You're gonna pay for these berkeleys and you'll like it you berkeley. 

PMRacing
PMRacing GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/9/20 5:25 p.m.

Reminds me of a story an old boss told me.  When the Camry first came over it had an auto transmission with Drive, Snow, and Sport modes.  They put the acronym for Three Way Automatic Transmission on the back of all the cars.  The badge had to be removed at the Port.  No idea how true that one is.

NickD
NickD PowerDork
1/9/20 5:33 p.m.

"Can I borrow your car?"

"Do you think I just give my berkeleyS put to anyone?

Olemiss540
Olemiss540 New Reader
1/9/20 5:58 p.m.

I need to know, at this point are you all trained to type BERKELEY or is it being auto corrected when you type berkeley?

Edit: Damn autocorrect. What the E36 M3?

LarryNH
LarryNH GRM+ Memberand New Reader
1/9/20 6:00 p.m.

The original name was Universal edition, not Special.

Gingerbeardman
Gingerbeardman Reader
1/9/20 6:13 p.m.
Olemiss540 said:

I need to know, at this point are you all trained to type BERKELEY or is it being auto corrected when you type berkeley?

Edit: Damn autocorrect. What the E36 M3?

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/9/20 6:50 p.m.

But, that "e" on the end gives it an entirely different meaning...BerkleySe!   :)

irish44j
irish44j MegaDork
1/9/20 6:56 p.m.

Well, appropriate because that thing is berkeleying ugly. I think Pep Boys rejected that lame cosmetic package. 

L5wolvesf
L5wolvesf Reader
1/9/20 6:58 p.m.
NickD said:

Reminds me of when my father's workplace, Riverhawk, introduced the  Safety Hydraulically Integrated Tensioner. And it was a piece of E36 M3.

As I recall the use of that piece required a load of Specialized High Intensity Training

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/10/20 8:26 a.m.
Olemiss540 said:

At this point I pretty much just type 'berk' or 'berking' - including outside the greater GRM co-prosperity sphere.

spandak
spandak Reader
1/10/20 1:10 p.m.
Duke said:
Olemiss540 said:

At this point I pretty much just type 'berk' or 'berking' - including outside the greater GRM co-prosperity sphere.

I catch myself saying "berk" to myself sometimes. 

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
1/10/20 2:49 p.m.

But will the Forester Ultimate Customized Kit Special put you at risk of exposure to an STI?

Gingerbeardman
Gingerbeardman Reader
1/10/20 6:10 p.m.
MadScientistMatt said:

But will the Forester Ultimate Customized Kit Special put you at risk of exposure to an STI?

Depends on what roads you're driving...back alleys or up-town streets.

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/10/20 6:24 p.m.
Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/11/20 12:40 a.m.

In reply to Javelin :

Hey, now. The Foresters are great, from 2004-2008, anyhow.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
81nJNP6XMfNOWW900XT6ozGrKkm1OSiqDlJEi3M0vgY4MEkFDLHCNghqu5sblzrT