1 2
Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/18/14 12:18 p.m.
BeardedJag wrote: Thanks for all the input guys, yea I know the s/c wouldn't fit correctly and would need modification along with the firewall, but it was jus something to take into consideration.

Rotate the intake 180 degrees (may need to install RWD head gaskets since the thermostat would be at the firewall end) and put a short blower snout on it and a jackshaft, like Magnusson uses on their superchargers. That way the throttle body is in the front.

BeardedJag
BeardedJag New Reader
12/18/14 1:27 p.m.

I think that would be a little bit more trouble than its worth. Of course I'm sure people think the same thing when talking about doing that swap anyways. And with the thermostat housing, all the ones I have seen poeple do (which isnt many) is just modify it by cutting it and remounting it with a longer tube at a different angle. Though I do like the idea of rotating it if its at all possible without major modification.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/18/14 4:50 p.m.

No, see, you rotate the manifold so the blower points the right way...

My favorite is the guy who yanked the Series II from a 4th-gen and installed a 231, because Grand National.

BeardedJag
BeardedJag New Reader
12/18/14 5:06 p.m.

Oh yea i knew what you meant, I just wasnt sure of bolt holes lining up...but I shall look up said 4th gen with the 231.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HOzcxo1O6uSxwzGylfvJsx8OpW4qAx4tlsftE25QSrmsJ2sqUdpUCAhzcKivkYVM