1 2
John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/9/08 10:18 a.m.
thatsnowinnebago wrote: kidnap your friends that don't know about your new exploder yet

Absolutely brilliant.

Yavuz
Yavuz New Reader
6/11/08 3:32 p.m.

I've been busy lately and the site was down all weekend so I didn't have time to respond to any posts.

I really don't like explorers very much, but I got a great deal on this one. Car is in great shape, everything works, nothing wrong with it.. so I definitely couldn't pass it up.

I need a car for this upcoming winter, so this thing would be perfect for that purpose... the problem is that I don't want it hogging up a garage space until November, because I won't register/insure it until then.

Ideally I'd like to flip it, and buy something fun that I could use throughout the year, and be able to take out in the winter too. A Miata is my top choice so far, as I think I've been brainwashed by this forum.

Problem is... while the explorer's book value is around $7,000... everyone is in a mad panic to dump off their SUV's so I don't think I will get anywhere close to that. I would be plenty happy with $5,000, or even $4,000, but I think thats going to be tough. I'm going to put it up onto craigslist later today and see what happens. If I can't get what I want for it... I guess I can keep it around till the winter and either use it then, or try again to sell it.

Capt Slow
Capt Slow New Reader
6/11/08 5:44 p.m.

Clarkson generally has good ideas about how to deal with lovely cars like the exploder...

Volksroddin
Volksroddin New Reader
6/11/08 6:03 p.m.

I'll be the first to say, Solstice well at least the down payment for one.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 New Reader
6/11/08 6:15 p.m.

Buy back your Metro,and a trailer,and go racing.

Yavuz
Yavuz New Reader
6/11/08 6:47 p.m.
Mazdax605 wrote: Buy back your Metro,and a trailer,and go racing.

Man, I miss the hell out of the Metro... Would you really sell it? If I did have the metro, I would consider keeping this thing, and dumping some money into the metro to make it race-worthy.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/11/08 6:57 p.m.

I would be interested in it if you want to get rid of it. I am local to you (less than 30 miles) I don't need it but it would be a great alternative to what I have at the moment and the wife would love it as well.

email me dsmith(at)radio(dot)fm.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 New Reader
6/11/08 7:13 p.m.

I haven't even changed the title yet. I may be interested in selling it. My friend who went in on it with me told me that we should sell it with these cars getting a premium now with fuel prices. I have not even touched it since I picked it up aside from weighing it.

Yavuz
Yavuz New Reader
6/11/08 7:21 p.m.

Oh no kidding, well let me know if you want to sell it... I'd definitely consider buying it back... Soon after selling it I found myself wanting another lightweight car to tool around in... I actually have enough spare time now to build the metro up into a neat little race car.

That would save a lot of hassle since my name is still on the title.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/11/08 7:40 p.m.

Let me know. I actually spoke with the wife and showed her the photos you posted and she said that she would be interested in it has her DD. She is currently using my 2000 expedition and it would be great to get it back. We had a 94 explorer and we loved it. I think the novelty of being king of the school drop off lot in the expedition has worn off. She also needs a step ladder to get in to it where as the explorer was much more her size.

Anyway Keep me in mind. I updated my profile to show my location.

Yavuz
Yavuz New Reader
6/11/08 7:50 p.m.

Hey Dean, I'll shoot you an email, I've got the car up on craigslist now with more photos and more details. I just put the car up a couple hours ago, and my phone is already ringing off the hook, which I definitely didn't expect.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Mszfop5ocJYtDnnNiVcq6ehCq6cTafIkZ8Ui1hERRdCGHpDeqIUsEDR1xLOvIHce