1 2
AaronBalto
AaronBalto Reader
8/17/18 3:25 p.m.

What's interesting is that Boxster prices have continued to fall while F-cars have gone up a bunch. I had no idea I was doing something smart. I thought that buying a Ferrari was supposed to be a dumb idea. Who knew?

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/23/20 8:04 a.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0gkgYRHs0U  "350Z vs SLK AMG vs Boxter S vs S2000 vs Z4 vs Crossfire"

Came across this, relevant to my line of questioning lo these many years ago. I got a kick out of the Boxter driver's antics. Much as I root for my car, it's sure not really shining here

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
11/23/20 8:14 a.m.

So what did you ever end up buying, anyway?

John Welsh (Moderate Supporter)
John Welsh (Moderate Supporter) Mod Squad
11/23/20 8:23 a.m.
P3PPY said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0gkgYRHs0U  "350Z vs SLK AMG vs Boxter S vs S2000 vs Z4 vs Crossfire"

Came across this, relevant to my line of questioning lo these many years ago. I got a kick out of the Boxter driver's antics. Much as I root for my car, it's sure not really shining here

I watched because I found humor in how outclassed the Crossfire would be.  I watched the whole video, they give the Crossfire the advantage of starting in the front of the pack, by quite a bit.  By the end of lap 2 it is in the rear.  The AMG5.5 pulls out on the fleet.  The mid pack is Boxter, S2000, Z and Z4 and they all finish in the same frame-shot.  The Crossfire finishes so much later and editing probably makes it look even closer than it was.  

Strange that in this Japanese produced video they have a right hand drive Crossfire.  I had no idea that this car was sold anywhere other than the US.  

P3PPY
11/23/20 8:35 a.m.

In reply to nderwater :

I kept the Z4 for a couple reasons. First, I went to a BMW car club event and saw how nice some people keep theirs and then I realized that mine was NOT an $8k example but more like a $5k one, at best.

Also, not to get too deep into my psyche or anything, but I noticed a pattern where I would sell off any nice car I had, and in hindsight it was never for any good reason, and I thought I should probably push back on that tendency. I still get wunderlust sometimes, like what else I could turn my $5k into, but for now I'm letting it be and trying to not overdrive the car to my death.

P3PPY
11/23/20 8:38 a.m.

In reply to John Welsh (Moderate Supporter) :

I found another video that includes that race at the end, I'm not sure if it's in any way related except that a YouTube poster mashed them together. In any event, the guy flogs the Porsche and likes it, then seems (oddly) completely unfamiliar with the Corvette. Like completely. The other dude pops the hood and he seems surprised by what's inside. Nevertheless he hates it. The Elise looks like a blast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t-fKexrULU

AxeHealey
AxeHealey GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/23/20 8:42 a.m.

Nothing to add here other than my in-laws have a 3.0 6spd Z4 and I can agree that it's a really fun car to drive. 

wspohn
wspohn Dork
11/24/20 12:18 p.m.

Sadly the Z4M, which is far more fun than the regular model, is also far, far more than your budget (or far, far, far more if you want a coupe).

P3PPY
11/24/20 9:54 p.m.

In reply to wspohn :

I assume it’s more than just more raw power, right?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
g8fTXkH5dYPFloMBLUywaVXzfnWyP4LEDm1LmeQrDEtmy9cM5oDCZz3EwM9xmlAE