1 2
Travis_K
Travis_K Reader
1/15/09 12:41 p.m.

The interior in the GTP is prett rattly also. Its not a bad car I guess, its just the interior build quality is less than impressive in some areas.

P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/15/09 3:04 p.m.

I guess I don't mind it so much since I'm comparing to an old cop car interior and a 26-year-old Mazda. I still think it's a nice interior, we have the charcoal cloth. The leather is even a little nicer. The super special edition GTP's (there's a few of them) even have carbon dashes and other neat stuff.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/15/09 3:37 p.m.

saw an 04 GTO with 70k for 10,995 on cleveland CL - could probably talk em down to 10k.

P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/15/09 3:48 p.m.

NOW you're talking!

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
1/15/09 5:13 p.m.

Privet seller is out of the question, as well as small used lots, due to financing. Plus the part that makes this possible is my co-signer, so i have to do as Mom says. Besides, my family has done a good amount of business thrue this dealer and we get a good deal with them.

I should have realised that this is the wrong place to ask about this kind of combonation(dealer/financing/basic sedan)

92dxman
92dxman Reader
1/15/09 6:35 p.m.

The Ion sedans, the 5 speed Kia Optima, the 5 speed Saturn Vue all looked good to me..

92dxman
92dxman Reader
1/15/09 6:36 p.m.

The Ion sedans, the 5 speed Kia Optima, and the 5 speed Saturn Vue all looked good to me..

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
1/15/09 7:35 p.m.

Ions are too crammped, they have less rear seat leg room than my neon. Plus the whole center dash thing feals like a distraction every time I have sat in the drivers seat. Maybe if I put the GPS in front of me, that can substitute the instriment panel.

I have been looking at the 5spd vue since august, when I nearly lost my neon due to bad GPS info. I dont see the point in a fwd small suv. I would be better off going with a mini van, more usable interior space, better value over all.

I will look at the optima, it sounds promising, thanks

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter Reader
1/15/09 7:43 p.m.
Travis_K wrote: Im not impressed with subaru reliability. My dad has a 96 outback wagon, and although it hasnt ever completly stopped running, it has not ever ran right (for one reason or another) since a couple of months after he nought it.

'96 was the first year they came out, and first year cars always have issues. My mother has had a '97, '98, and now an '05 (I think it's an '05...), and none of them have ever had any issue beyond scheduled maintenance. I've known several people with WRXes, and I've never heard of any mechanical issues beyond blowing up the 5-speed trannies when doing high rpm launches at rallies (Which, really, are you gonna ding a transmission that grenades when you dump the clutch at over 5k rpm multiple times in the same day?).

Earlier Subarus (80's and early '90s cars) have an issue where they eat CV axles every 20-30k miles, but this was resolved before the Outback was introduced.

ManofFewWords
ManofFewWords Reader
1/15/09 7:44 p.m.

have you considered a scion xB?

Dorsai
Dorsai New Reader
1/15/09 7:49 p.m.

Mazda Protege5.

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
1/15/09 7:55 p.m.

At this point the front runners are the 6 and G6, and mini vans.

Travis_K
Travis_K Reader
1/16/09 3:06 p.m.

The 96 outback was the last year of the non interference 2.2, which has been the area where the car has the most problems. 97 they went to the 2.5 with a 60k headgasket replacement interval. Its not a bad car, other than the fact it only ran right for a month or two after he bought it and has always had something wrong with it since.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav New Reader
1/16/09 4:29 p.m.

I just remembered the one thing I hate about my 6. Lots of wind buffeting with the windows down, although that does seem to be a problem in a lot of modern cars. Been driving my wife's SL2 for the past few days and really miss the Mazda.

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
1/19/09 2:18 p.m.

Jag X-type, bad idea?

edit I just realised how ass raped i would be with insurrance

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MweEmkyNOEKnPh63gVCpfFb4dsaqci9TH5G0PpYQhvd0GlhqdTnQYLaQPf4jjewF